Chapter Thirty Two Aftershock.

Chapter thirty two

I dont remember how I wound up on the couch, I hardly was able to distinguish the faces that flashed in front of me, let alone the words they said. Everything was happening so fast, I cant remember who picked me up, who was talking to me, or what they where saying. I was numb, numb to the world and everything going on within it.

Im not sure how much time passed by inbetween the time Aro was killed and the time I first became aware to the world again, but what I do know is that when I finally tuned into the world, Cody had been walking down the stairs to join the rest of the group, Cullens and Denalis alike, in the diningroom. I heard everyone speaking in turn. "I feel what she feels, its just... numb." Jasper said hesitantly. "Its like she is trying not to feel something."

" But I cant hear her what she is thinking." Edward said angrily. "I dont know why."

"Maybe she isnt thinking anything." Bella consoled Edward. "Or her mind block is up and her body block is malfunctioning in some way."

"I can see her clearly." Eleazar said quitely. "She is not blocking me the way Bella does, and certainly not the way her father does."

"We should call her father and see if he has ever experenced this phonomonan before in his years." Carlisle chimed in.

Esme was next to speak. "We already did, Rosalie and I, he is shocked too, I dont think this is a comman thing." Thats when I had realized that I had been holding my breath since Aro's last words, and let out a soundless exhale.

"I'm fine." Is what I had ment to say, but when the words came out of my mouth and everyone in the dining room's attention snapped to me, thats not what I had said. The words where shakey but true, "I killed him."

"Clara." Cody whispered, I had not realized that he was sitting next to me, and the first thing I got was a hug. I bowed my head down into his shoulder and scrunched my eyebrows. Everyone was collectivly silent around me when I looked up.

"I'm no better than him. I killed him because he was a threat, and he killed my mom because she was a threat. I'm a murderer, I killed so many inoccent lives." I said, drawing my knees close and setting my chin on top of one of them.

"Clara he had it coming." Said Emmet as he walked forward and crouched in front of me in a big brotherly way. "You where defending yourself, your family, your friends, and your town. You are a hero." He smiled a dimpled smile and got back up, backing up next to Rose, linking arms with her as they both smiled at me slightly. Everyone was looking at me like I was a baby, but I couldn't take it.

"No. I'm a murderer and I am just going to have to live with that." I said looking at each face carefully. "You all have been through more than I, and I expect you to understand that!" I angrily yelled, and ran upstairs to my room, slamming my door to make the point of, I want no one to follow me in here.

I climbed into the little reading nook of mine, and curled up to the point I couldn't be seen. the soft blanket pulled across me and one of the decretive throw pillows hugged close. When night rose once again, and the house was silent, I walked over to my balcony without a sound, and jumped out, running, running without a specific direction, just running.

I don't know how but I reached the last place I had seen my mother alive, and walked over the broken glass that still lays there, dried blood still covering most, and burn marks on the ground where my mother had died. Her ashes long sifted away by the wind, and when I collapsed on the scorches and began to dry sob, I heard a sigh and a hand touch my shoulder. I thought at first I had been followed, and then I turned around, and couldn't believe who was standing there. "Hello Clara."

__________________

CLIFF HANGER! you had to know this was coming! Who do you think it is, and remember I'm a pretty twisted writer! Comment and tell me what you think!