Chapter 55 If only they cared.

"H-hi... M-mom?" I asked, the phone held close to my ear as I sat in my room, my knees drawn up to my chest. "It's your daughter."

"I'm sorry, you must have the wrong number." Her voice, so familiar, came from the other side of the line. "I don't have any daughters." Mr world smashed down around me, shattering like a rock taken to a window.

"It's Clara. Your daughter you left behind." I bit my bottom lip and sighed.

"Cl-Clara?" Her voice wavered, and suddenly she regained herself. "So you know."

"I have known for a while." I said, gazing out the window and trying not to care whether or not she cared.

"Okay, then why are you contacting me." It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

"I just thought I should let my biological family know that I'm marrying a man here soon. He is my world and we will spend eternity together." I felt sure with my words, and in absolutely sure of anyone listening having a smile on their face.

"So your over Cody then." Her words where suffocating.

"I can never truly be over someone who left an imprint. But yes. Though I will forever miss Cody, I know he would want me to move on, to have a life, and to have everything I had dreamed of, because he loved me. I love him, and I know that I love Harry just as equally." My words had a zing to them, a little bite being taken at my "mom" every time I finished a sentence.

"Okay. So what do you want me to do?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to be at my wedding."

"No. I'm good." Her words stabbed me in the heart and then it was too late. Tears fell down my fave as I bit my bottom lip.

"Okay. Goodbye." I hung up the phone quickly and threw it on my bed, crying into my knees and shaking my head. This couldn't be!

In the midst of my tears, my dad walked in my room and I smiled at him. "Daddy." I got up and walked into his waiting arms, sobbing against him as he swayed back and forth soothingly.

After I finally calmed down Alice convinced me that it was now or never on shopping for the dresses, and revealed that she had known Harry and I where engaged, and that she preset an appointment for the dresses.

Now every single one of us sits in the bridal store. Except me of course. I'm having dresses pointed out at me every second I turn. That is, until I saw the perfect one. I froze as I stared at the dress, it was beautiful, flowing yet not so much so that I was wearing curtains. I walked over to it and stared at it on the mannequin. They all noticed my distraction when I stopped telling Alice whatever I had began to tell her. They all looked to the dress in shock, Alice squealed, and Rose already began negotiations with the store owner on price and trying it on. Two minutes later I was zipping up the dress in the mirror. "I feel like a princess." I smiled and stepped out the dressing room, the dress swirling around me as I did. It dragged the floor just lightly, but with low heels I know that that would be different.

"Oh my gosh Clara!" Alice said, smiling at the dress.

"That dress was made for you." Rose walked closer and put her hands on my shoulders. "You look beautiful."

After promptly purchasing the dress and getting me out of it, we shopped until we found a golden set of dresses that was perfect, complementing each one of the girl's figures in it's own way. They where sweetheart neckline dresses with a drape like structure that flowed like silk, and they where sparkly, eye popping, and made it absolutely amazing next to my dress.

Alice then ordered matching gold ties, and one for Harry that was gold and white thin diagonal stripes. "Next time we shop, it's for flowers." Alice said as we walked to the car, after we all left, I found myself at home standing in front of Emmet with a smile on my face.

"Dad?" I asked, I would never be able to stop calling him dad and Rose mom, they cared for and raised me, and I love them for that. "Will you walk me down the isle?"

"I would be honored Clara." He hugged me, and suddenly I was ripped back and taken hostage, not by someone evil as that case once was, no, by Garrett and his stupid hair.

"KIDNAPPING!" He yelled and ran down the hall, this was some stupid game we use to play when I first met Garrett when I was little. He picked me up when he thought I was asleep and started walking to my room, and the first thing that happened was that I opened my eyes and screamed that he was kidnapping me. They never let me live it down so when I turned ten they started randomly grabbing me, running away, and yelling kidnapping. Soon enough the entire house would be involved in the game, and we always played it when things where tense, and that's exactly what was happening now, only now that I know they are vampires they are using their whiplash speed, and I could feel the outside air on my face as I laughed and kicked around. "This is a distraction!" Garrett said frantically. "Alice is making us all set up your wedding!" His whisper made me laugh as I heard Edward and Emmet close in closer.

I could tell that from here on out- everything will be just fine.

______________________
This is so not the end, the end is far from here, but I thought a happy end to the chapter would be good. :) I hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment please!