Chapter 50 Is it goodbye, or is it hello?

Chapter 50 is it goodbye, or is it hello?

Harry and I drove back from the dance, I was half asleep as we pulled into the driveway. "I don't want this night to end." I whispered.

"Why?" Harry asked, turning and looking to me.

"Because I know what comes tomorrow." Tears formed in my eyes.

"B-but I haven't told you." He faltered for a second.

"I don't know how I know, but I know." The tears spilled now, and I opened the door. "I can't stop the future, and I can't change it, but I can embrace it." I whispered as I climbed out of the car and ran up the drive to the house, crashing inside and running upstairs, tears streaming down my face.

"Is this goodbye?" I asked, knowing full well that he could here me.

This has to he for the better... Right?

---Four Years Later---

"I'm going for a jog!" I call to my mom as I pushed my wireless headphone in.

"Be safe!" She called back. "We need to talk when you get home!"

I had graduated yesterday, and after the last years since Harry left, I put my frustrations into working out and self care, I feel like I've looked totally hot since then.

Now I run in an all blue jogging outfit, my black shoes leaving footprints on the ground that looked like huge wolf prints. That's why I loved my shoes so much, it confused so many people.

I jogged to this little spot I had found shortly after Harry had left. The place looked familiar, but there was an odd grave that made me feel sad. The date on the grave read fourteen years ago today. I brushed leaves from it, and when I raised my eyes I gasped and fell on my ass. "God Cody you scared me. I haven't seen you in forever." I said, pulling the headphones out and hoping he would say something.

"Clara I love you." His words made me feel so odd, like I had to cry. When he would speak, it was all he ever said any more.

"I love you too Cody." I smiled at him. Doctor Mellow appeared next to him.

"Everything will be clear my little girl." He said, and I smiled, there was something oddly comforting when he called me his daughter. "It will all make sense. You will understand."

"Understand what?"

"I love you." Cody said, disappearing, shortly followed by doctor mellow.

After that odd encounter I got back up, brushing myself off and then placed my music back in my ears and pressed play. I jogged all the way to the river, made a sharp right turn, jogging downstream until I reached a bridge I had discovered about two years ago. The music blared in my ears as I got to the bridge, quickly I ran to the center, but when I reached there I slipped, falling down and nearly off the bridge, when something caught me. I glanced up and my heart stopped at who was staring back at me as I was pulled back up.

"No. This is hello." He said, and I smiled, knowing exactly what he meant.

"You came back." I whispered, pulling my earbuds out and putting them in my pocket, pausing the music.

"You waited." He smiled and leaned in, kissing me on the lips, the feeling over came me so powerfully that the fire in my heart ignited once again, and I felt my hands heat beyond belief. Harry noticed this too as my hand was resting in his wrist. "Ow!"

"Sorry." I laughed a little. "Well I can straighten my hair without a straightener now, that's something new." I said, giggling lightly.

"You never cease to amaze." He bent down and kissed me again.

"Just wait till my parents here your back." I smirked and he stiffened.

"Is your Cousin Garrett still in town, he rightfully scares the living crap out of me." He joked, and suddenly the four years of which we were separate melted away, and hope for the future erupted forth.

---

I got back to the house, Harry in tow, and when I opened the door I was met by every single family member staring, arms crossed. "I was going to say look who I ran into on my jog, but the crossed arms and stiff postures suggest I should think otherwise." I said as I twisted my fingers about while they where twined with Harry's long slender ones.

"I think we should just jump right into it." Uncle Jake said to Aunt Nes. She nodded and stepped forward, placing her hand on the side of my face, and instantly I saw so much. one of the most prominent things was my imaginary friend Cody, be he looked real, and the love I felt deep inside next to the sadness and regret was also so painfully real.

Everything makes sense now.

_________

I know I hate me too. It had to happen and what better time then celebrating the fifty chapter mark!? Thank you for sticking with me through the highs and lows of this (and my craptastic writing.) but with fifty comes major change. I will not be posting as often as I would like, but I would like to announce that the more likes and comments I get per chapter, I will upload faster.

Please help me achieve these chapters faster!

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE MAN!