Chapter Nine: Angles

Chapter Nine

"Mom, y-your alive." I said shocked as I looked her in the face, her eyes a deep red, her skin pale, and her lips formed to make a smile. The sent of sugar cookies filled the air, and I slowly came into realization that we where standing in the middle of the kitchen, a plate of cookies in her grasp.

"Clara, you've grown so strong, but you need to understand one thing." She took a deep breath, and the plate of cookies disappeared. "I was attacked, bitten, I was strong enough to resist screaming when the venom burnt away my very being." Hearing about her agony made my heart drop, the idea of my mom being in so much pain, then being murdered. "I made a mistake, a very very big one." She said as she walked forward and placed her hands on my shoulders. "I had to face the consequence, I just wish you hadn't been there when it happed." She said pulling me into a hug. "Just promise me that you will never forget the lessons I taught you, and go easy on your father." I felt her gently kiss my cheek and then she disappeared.

My eyes fluttered open and my vision was somewhat blurred by tears. "Clara?" I heard a voice ask, and when I went to sit up I felt a gentle hand push me back down. Blinking until my vision was completely cleared I saw Carlisle standing there, and I was in a private hospital room, the annoying beeping sound of my heart monitor coming from behind me.

"What happened?" I asked looking at him confused. "Where's my dad?" I came to realization that he was not in at the moment, and that it was only Carlisle and me sitting in the room.

"Your dad is performing a heart transplant at the moment, he will be in as soon as he is able to." He said gently with a small smile, but then the smile faded into something less reassuring. "You fell unconscious from multiple blows to the head." I pressed on the little button that lifted my bed up more so that I was sitting at a more comfortable angle.

"That's what I get for being a klutz." I murmured and rubbed my eyes, still unable to believe what I had seen in my dream.

"Carlisle, a nurse needs you." Cody said opening the door slowly and walking in.

"Very well, I will tell your dad your awake when he is finished up." With a smile he left, patting Cody on the shoulder as he exited.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Cody asked, walking over and sitting down on the edge of my bed, a sympathetic smile on his lips.

"Ya..." I said trying to avoid his eyes, every time I looked at them my heart raced, and being in a hospital, hooked up to a heart moniter, that might be a little embarrassing.

"Come on, I can see the tears." He said sliding closer and wiping a tear that I didn't know had fallen from my cheek. "Now what's wrong?" He asked lifting my chin and gazing into my eyes, all I could do was gaze back.

"I had a dream about my mom, she was just talking." I said, holding his gaze, my heart hammered against my chest and the heart monitor sounded like a pinball machine in fast mode.

His face came closer, slowly, and I felt his breath brush across my face. My eyes drifted shut as his lips gently touched me, a small shock sparking, and before I knew it, our lips where locked. My heart monitor flatlined, and he quickly pulled away, where it went back to normal. His eyes glazed over as he stared at me, his hand wrapped around mine, warmth radiating out, and a grin breaking through his unmoving face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We all knew it was coming! Cody and Clara had their first kiss, and Clara had some answers :) this is a happy chapter in this book :) hope you guys enjoy it!

VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!