Chapter Twenty Four, pain, pain, and more pain.

Chapter twenty four

Life isn't easy, especially when it feels like your necks going to be the next bone that breaks in your body, and it's even worse when one moment your hanging limp in the air at the will of a sociopathic vampire, and the next thrown on to a random picnic table while your friends and allies try to take down the crazed blood thirsty vampire that wanted to either bite you, or suck your veins dry of the blood that was so vital to both life, and death.

At one point Aro must have gotten away from them somehow because I was being held down by the neck on the picnic table, and it was his face a I saw. Someone must have lunged at him after that because I was flipped from the table and landed face first on the damp grass. I forced my body to roll over and resisted the urge to cry out in pain, but tears where already rolling down my cheeks. I heard one of the Cullen's yell, and then I heard a blood curdling scream. I then realized the scream had came from me, Aro was pulling my leg, pulling me to him, and making my legs feel more broken then they already where.

I wasn't sure what happened next, all I know is one moment Aro was making my life more of a hell than it already was, and the next I was in Cody's arms with all the Cullen's around me. I heard one of them say something like "It will be okay," or, "You'll be alright Clara," but it was clouded as my world plummeted into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in my bed the next morning, my back against the wall and I was siting up with tons of pillows I cushion me, there where casts on both my legs, my shoulders where wrapped as well as my ribs. Breathing hurt, and the thought of moving hurt even more. "Ahh, your awake." I heard Carlisle say. So this wasn't all just one messed up dream, great.

I nodded slowly. "I wish I wasn't though." I said in a voice that was more cracked and airy than I had thought to be able to be mine. Carlisle smiled a little, but I could tell from his face he was holding back bad news of some kind. "What is it?" I asked, worried that I was becoming so much of a hassle that they where giving me to the state to be placed in foster care.

"Nothing," Carlisle said, just as Esme walked in. "I've got to go," he continued, "stay out of trouble." He said with a smile before walking out and kissing Esme on the cheek as he walked away.

"Hey," Esme said, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked, her thin eyebrows furrowing with concern.

"Like I was almost murdered by a sociopathic killer." I said, and for the first time, I wished I could shrug my shoulders. "You know, the usual." I said before laughing, then cringing in pain.

"Your going to need to take it easy for a while, you cracked your ribs, dislocated both your shoulders, and both of your legs are broken." She said in a motherly tone that made me miss my own mom. "Oh, and theirs someone here to see you." She said with a smile before walking out herself.

The next person who came in was one I didn't expect at all, my brother, Kale. He walked in and sat down. He was carrying a brown box that had a bow on top of it. "Hey." He said with a little smile. "I'm sorry this happened to you, especially with your dad and all..." He said, and when he realized my dad was still a touchy subject, he cleared his throat and handed me the box. "Here, to make up for the birthdays I've missed." He said with a smile and opened it for me. Inside was a cupcake with my name on it, and something wrapped in a smaller box. It hurt so bad to move my arms, but I managed to pull the small box out. When I opened the small box, I knew it was out of good intentions and everything, but it was the worst gift to give me in my entire life. Kale had given me a tulip. I'm deathly allergic to tulips. I started having an allergic reaction, my hand breaking out in hives, I sneezed, and then my throat started to close up. I was gasping but I soon couldn't breath. "Oh my god! Help!" I heard Kale yelling, and before I knew it, my room was filled with my frantic adoptive family, all digging and searching for something to stop my allergic reaction.

Apparently they had found something, because the next time I had opened my eyes, Cody was the only one in my room, and he was next me on my bed. As if breathing didn't already hurt, now it felt like hot nails where being driven into my throat with every breath. Tears welled up in my eyes and just as one spilled over, Cody swooped in and wiped the tear from my face. "Good morning Sleeping Beauty." Cody said in a light voice before kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled and raised my arms, regretting every moment of it, pulling him into a gentle hug. His hug on me was almost non-existent as he tried to steer clear of my injuries. Someone cleared their throat in the doorway and Cody left my embrace and I saw Emmet there with a smirk. "Cody, your mom wants you downstairs." He said with a smile, then walked in and sat down on the edge of my bed. "Hey Slip." He said his nickname for me in a playful tone. Jasper, Emmet, and Edward all had a nicknames for me, from Jasper it was "Trip" because I trip so much, Emmet it was "Slip" because me slipping is what usually happens after I trip, and from Edward it was "Yip" because I make a weird noise whenever I slip and trip.

"Hey Emmy." I said in a hoarse joking voice and gave a feeble smile, and if I weren't so broken and fragile at the moment, I know he would have punched me extremely lightly in the shoulder. He gave me a face that made me want to laugh, but just the idea of laughing made my ribs hurt like someone was beating them with a metal bat at full force repeadidly.

"Well Slip," he said sighing, Emmet sighing was never good, at least not in my book. "Esme sent me up here to tell you that we are all going out hunting, we will be within earshot, so if you need help just yelp." He said, and when he mentioned hunting I realized that all their eyes had gone pretty much black, except for Cody's of course, but he and Jacob usually went with the rest of them hunting because Cody still drank animal blood, and Jacob never let Renesmee out of his sight after the fight with Aro. "If we don't get food now, we won't be strong enough to fight off Aro if he comes back." He said then glanced over his shoulder with a guilty look on his face as far as I could tell. Esme was probably punishing him for telling me that Aro might come back, even though I already knew it was pretty much inevitable. "Gotta go Slip, get better soon... Oh and Carlisle told me to give you this." He said, injecting something into my arm as gently as possible. "Morphine." He said with a little smile. "Okay Slip, got to go now, see you when we get back... and remember, just yelp for help." He said before getting up and flashing out of the room muttering something under his breath, and I knew it was probably about me. Then they where gone, without another word, and I was laying in bed with no way of moving without pain, but clearly they knew I would survive or else Carlisle would have bitten me and saved me now.

----------
After one hour
----------

I had been sitting in my bed for an hour, no pain thanks to morphine, but that didn't solve the fact that I was bored out if my mind and still all the Cullen's where gone, but then I heard one of the floorboards creak and a few whispers, but I couldn't distinguish who it was or what they where saying, but clearly they where vampires.

The floorboards creaked, and I could tell the people where getting closer to my door. "Alice? Is that you? Bella... Rose? Esme? Ness?" I called out confused. "Em... Jaz? Cody? Jake... Edward? Carlisle?" With each name I still got no answer. "K-Kale?" I asked more warily, still no answer, and it wasn't until seven floorboard creaks later, did I get my answer, an my answer was standing in my doorway staring back at me with an expression I could not decode until I found my way up to the eyes.

______________

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS!?!?!?!?!? COMMENT AND TELL ME!!! I NEEDSSS THE IMPUT!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE!

Vote•comment•react•share
And while you do all that...
Stay simply elegant :)

~SimpleEllegance