Chapter 11

„Logan? What are you doing here?" Yes, that was a good question, what was I doing here? Honor was obviously right about everything going on here. He was holding her hand as if she was his, she wasn't, Rory was mine. „So this is why you haven't answered any of my calls?" I asked stepping up to her only to have him walk in front of her. I looked down at him, it was ridiculous that such a small man would have the guts to stand up to me. „I suggest you leave blondie." He almost spat out, acting all protective over Rory, when we both knew there was no place on earth she would be more safe than in my arms.

Rory instantly responded „Logan, I have nothing to say to you." I looked at her angry, I knew she lied, I always knew when she lied to me, she couldn't hide that. She was pissed at me and now she was hiding herself behind this tiny loser, wannabe writer in front of me.

„Ace, let us talk." I tried calming the situation down, she looked away, uncomfortable with the situation she was in. I tried stepping close to her but then felt Jess pulling me away „Back off blo-" I couldn't help myself, rage rushed over me and I pushed him off, quite hard, seeing how he almost fell down. I swear his eyes turned red because of how angry he was. Rory gasped and stepped back, I have never seen this look on her face before. „Rory, come with me." I said, reaching out for her hand.

„I though you were going to get married." She said, watching us with a look of terror, she looked scared. This made my look soften and my fists relax. „No Rory, I don't wanna get married to her." I said, noticing a few tears come down her cheek. I wanted to badly to wipe them away and take here somewhere far, somewhere where we would be alone. Jess was dusting himself off, stepping back, probably out of respect for Rory, not wanting to scare her any more, which I appreciated to be honest. „Please Ace." I said, seeing how I'm not moving until I talk to her, she looked at Jess and gave him a nod, signalising that he should get inside, finally.

Once we were alone, we sat down on a bench outside of her place, next to the pool-house that I still have some of the most beautiful memories off. I have never before pictured myself to be that happy with someone, no other girl held my attention for as long as Rory did, she still does. Even back then, she was everything I have ever wished to have. I snapped out of my thoughts as she asked „Why didn't you marry Odette?" Somehow, I assumed that would be the first question she would ask me. Quite frankly, I'm really not sure how I would react If I knew she was getting married, it would be the one thing I am completely sure would crush me to pieces. „I don't love her, that isn't the life that I wanna live." I answered, I took a deep breath and continued „Rory, I wanna take care of you, of our baby." Before she could say anything, I placed my hand on hers to let her know that I wasn't finished. „I don't want to leave you to do this alone, and certainly not with someone else." The though of some other man, holding my baby in his arms sent shivers down my spine, I was angry just by thinking about it.

„Logan, how do you-" Rory was feeling tense, she was looking all around her backyard, lost for words to say. „Rory I still love you." The words just bursted out my mouth, it felt like they have been piling up inside of me for years, just waiting for the perfect chance to jump out. Instead of yelling and screaming at me, Rory's body completely calmed down, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and smiled, it was the most beautiful sight that the earth has ever seen. „Ace listen to me-" I took her hand in both of mine and she opened her eyes to look at me. „I don't want another day without you in it, I really don't. I want to help you, in any way I can and this baby will always have a dad, an excellent dad." I smiled at her and placed a stand of her hair behind her ear.

„I had the most amazing day." She said, biting her lip a little bit, looking away and continuing „There was not a single day that Jess wasn't there for me." She stood up, making me look up to her. „You just show up when it's convenient for you." Rory turned her back to me and I instantly stood up, taking her hand, lightly pulling her towards me. „Ace, that's not true." She turned around and pulled her hand away. „You almost got MARRIED!" Now she yelled at me. „Yet here I am, telling you I still love you, for God's sake Rory just give us a chance!" I begged her, I didn't care how pathetic I looked, I needed her, I only needed her.

„Logan, Jess deserves much more than for me to just run away with you." She said, running her fingers through her hair nervously „So write him a note." I couldn't help myself, I had no control over that cocky remark. „You have no idea what it has been like!" He said, looking straight into my eyes, as serious as ever. „I wasn't even sure if I was going to keep the baby, Jess was there for me when I needed you, the father of our son!" Son? Was it a- „It's a boy?" My eyes got wide and filled with happiness, I'm going to have a son.

„Well if you were with me today you would have known by now." Rory sounded extremely angry with me, I couldn't blame her of course, everything she said was true but I had to make her understand and feel what I am feeling for her. There was no other person in this world that I feel this kind of connection with but her, I love her, I have always loved her. And even as she deliberately tries to throw away every future that we might possibly have, I worship her.

„Do you think this is easy for me? That I feel relief for not standing there next to you? Ace, let me make things right, please." She shook her head. „I am not leaving Jess." I had to admit, this did hit me hard, as much as I knew I screw up big time I though that she at least felt the third of what I did, which would, trust me, be enough. „And I'm not giving up on us." I replied with a smile, which she gave me back. She looked most amazing when she smiled. I gave her my jacket and proposed we took a walk. After having to ask her twice she lead the way through her backyard door. „I know the way, I used to sneak out here when we-" „I know Logan" she giggled.

It became a chilly night in March, but not too cold you couldn't take a walk, and I wasn't ever feeling cold next to my Ace anyways. „How is your book going?" I asked her after a long conversation about what the doctor said today. „Quite good actually, I am very happy with the last few chapters I have written, I can't wait for you to read it." I have noticed that she was shy about this book, but I loved that she was taking this step and doing something that was really important to her, she had to write this book, this story needs to be heard.

„So, a boy?" I smiled at her „Do you already know a name? I don't know If I have enough time to fight you for it if it's something stupid." She laughed a little and I swear, I would make the whole world silent when she laughs, nothing should disturb that sound. „Oh yes, I know exactly what we will call our baby." This sounded so good coming from her, our baby. „Can you feel him?" I was curious about everything. „Not really, sometimes, when I concentrate really hard I can feel something move, but it takes some time and complete silence." She smiled, placing a hand on her belly.

After a round around her block I followed her home, the lights were on so I was guessing Jess was waiting for her, which I didn't like one single bit, I never wanted to share my Ace, but If I was to do this, I had to be smart and do this slow, so she doesn't feel pressured.

„Who would have known I'd be living in the old Gilmore house." She smiled and pointed at the front door. „Not me" I chuckled slightly and leaned in to kiss her cheek. „Let me take you out tomorrow." I whispered into her ear, she slowly pulled away and said „I will think about it Huntzberger." I smiled and turned around making my way to my car. „I can't wait to see you Gilmore."I heard her giggle again before stepping inside. I turned around to have one last look at her before she closed the door.

We were ready. My job is stable enough to support a family, she is doing the job she loved, we created a healthy baby boy and I will buy us a house, anywhere she would want to live, I will get her an avocado tree, thousands of avocado trees. There is nothing standing in our way, except him.