Chapter 3 ♔ Simple Kiss

Atmosphere POV:

I quietly sat next to Kian as we both watched Aaron and Sam try creating a campfire, but for some reason they were failing miserably at it.

"What the heck?!"Sam groaned out in frustration, "Why isn't it working?" He whined, before tossing the matches to the side.

"It's cause you didn't get legit firewood." Aaron laughed as he tossed one of their pieces of wood to the side.

"It's wood. It should burn no matter what type of wood it is." Sam whined, causing a giggle to leave my lips.

Kian quickly stood up, "Its okay." He laughed, "Appna and I will go get some real firewood." He said as he glanced at me.

"How?" I eyed him.

"There was a shop half a mile down." He said as he pointed down the lifeless road, "They got everything you need for camping." He added.

A sigh left my lips, "I hate walking." I mumbled as I stood up from the hard ground.

"Oh, come on." Kian laughed before dragging me away from the campsite.

But before we could walk any further we were stopped by best friend, "Hey, where are you guys going?" Jake asked very loudly, which caught everyone's attention.

"To go get some firewood at the shop." Kian answered for the both of us.

I watched as Jake whispered something into Sam's ear, causing his baby blue eyes to wander over to me.

Sam leaned back, "Kat and I are coming too." He announced, before grabbing Kat's hand.

Kian leaned towards me, "I thought Jake trusted me." He whispered.

A sigh left my lips, "He does." I reassured him, "He just doesn't trust me." I mumbled as my eyes wander up to his.

He slightly nodded his head, before turning his attention to Sam and Kat now, "You guys ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, we are." Kat beamed.

A small smile appeared on my face, before we continued to walk. I kept to myself as the other three sparked a conversation up. I was fascinated by mother nature's beauty and how perfect she was, even when we try to destroy her. It saddens me to see how a majority of earth isn't like this anymore and it's all because of us. I wished we loved her as much as she loved us. But it will be too late when we do.

"Atmosphere." A fruity voice interrupted my thoughts.

My emerald eyes flutter over to them, "Yeah?"

"You good?" Kat asked with concern dripping from her voice.

A small smile appeared on my oval face, "Yeah, I'm just soaking up all this right now." I beamed as I twirled around.

"Okay good." She giggled.

"Oo, look the shop." Sam pointed out, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Wow, this was a faster walk than I thought it would be." I said, causing them all to laugh.

We quickly made our way inside. Kat and I separated from the boys and decided to go look at some of the souvenirs while the boys got some firewood and other necessities they needed.

I gently picked up a small snow globe with a tiny grizzly bear in it and slowly shook it. My emerald eyes were fixated at the sparkles inside the snow globe as they danced around.

"Atmosphere." Kat whispered my name harshly out of nowhere, which slightly spooked me.

"What?" I hissed as I turned to her.