Chapter 1

Where it all started
______________________

I worked in a small cafe built in the woods along with a few other shops. I know it's weird, but that is how it was in Hollows Ville.

The little cafe I worked in was very petite, it had a dark oak roof and oddly there was a red door to the building.

The lady that owned it was very old and frail though, her name was Jane. She always had me work the late shifts because she couldn't make it home in the dark, since her vision was poor.

But it didn't bother me, I actually preferred to leave late since I get to eat all the leftovers I want!

Ever since I started working here, Jane had told me about the stranger who always sat at the back booth every evening. She had told me to make sure to serve him the same thing everyday without questions.

I always found it odd but, I did what she said since I didn't want to lose my job. If I lost this job my mom would make me move in with my dad back in Busan, and I know my mother can't live alone since her health issues aren't the best.

***

It was my birthday today, but yet I still had to go help out at the cafe. As I arrived I tied my apron around my waist and went to the back and started making the strangers order, as I knew he would be arriving soon.

He ordered a tall ice tea with 10 pumps of sugar, (which I know is odd, but you'll see) and scrambled eggs covered in only salt.

I carried his order on a platter and walked out into the dining area and headed towards his table.

"Hello! How has your evening been today?" I asked him.

"It was fine, now can I have my food now?" He groaned in frustration.

I nodded and set the tea and eggs in front of him and slightly bowed before walking towards the counter. I looked at him from a far and was amazed at how much sugar and salt he ate in one day.

The guy looked around my age, 20. He had blonde hair and dark brown eyes, his skin was pale and the way he dressed was always very causal but stylish.

"I just wished I knew his name..." I mumbled under my breath.

I started to wipe down the counter when suddenly one of my coworker backed hugged me from behind.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He screamed.

"Yah Taehyung! Your gonna scare the costumer," I giggled and turned around and hugged him.

"It's fineee, they should be the ones saying happy birthday to the best server here" Taehyung smiled.

"Oh stop, your to much of flirt. Now get back to work before Jane comes and fires us both on my birthday" I teased and poked his cheek.

"Alright, but I am walking you home tonight I have a gift for you!" He said poking my cheek back.

I just nodded and lightly pushed him back towards the kitchen to clean.

***

It was closing time, me and the other workers who were left cleaned the cafe up till it was spotless. The stranger sitting in the booth always stayed till we locked the doors, which was always very odd.