Chapter 1

It was a fine evening of late September. The huge house more like a mansion stood elegantly away from the noise and population of the city. It was situated in a posh area. All the help of the house was busy arranging chairs, tables, flowers and lights in the lawn. The entire house was bustling with activity. The function was about to start but their was Anissa on the second floor of the house sitting in a huge room with top class decor, her room's window faced the lawn of the house where everyone was hurriedly completing their tasks. But she was sitting regardless of all the activity going on.

She was staring back at her reflection in the mirror. Clad in a yellow dress with bangles ready to be worn. Anissa was about to be married in a time of three days and tonight was her "mayoun" function. But she lacked all the excitement a bride-to-be had, it was not only nervousness that had clutched her heart but another deep rooted fear. Her chain of thoughts were broken when she heard a soft knock on her door and shortly her mother Mrs. Ibrahim entered.

Mrs. Ibrahim was looking elegant and graceful in the pale yellow coloured silk suit. She at once took notice of her eldest daughter Anissa's worried expression and the bangles that were still waiting to be worn by Anissa.

"Bechaya why aren't you ready? The guests will start to arrive soon." Inquired Mrs. Ibrahim.

"Ami I'm just about to get ready ". Replied Anissa.

"Anissa I know_" started her mother when she was cut off by the deep masculine voice which belonged to none other than Mr. Ibrahim. Mr. Ibrahim was in his late forties but still as handsome as he used to be in his young and youthful days. He speculated the scene in front of him with his light brown eyes. Mr Ibrahim at once understood the expression etched on his daughter's face just like his wife did.
He settled himself behind his wife who was now sitting on the edge of Anissa's bed.
"You don't need to worry bchaye Ali is a very good boy. You know him, he's your cousin after all and he'll take good care of you, and if he ever hurts you he'll be be directly answerable to me".

Mrs. Ibrahim who had been busy staring at her daughter at once turned her head towards her husband upon hearing his words, their was a question in her green eyes. Ali was her sister Zarmina's son, she knew he was an excellent match for her daughter but Mr. Ibrahim's words had invoked something deep inside her. Something that she had covered for years and had never let her children know about. She could see the concern for Anissa in Mr Ibrahim's eyes. Mrs Ibrahim knew that he was concerned because Anissa was their daughter but wasn't she herself daughter of someone else, what about her feelings and well being.

Mr. Ibrahim felt his wife's eyes on him but he didn't look back at her. He stood up announcing that it was getting late and that everyone should get ready. Mrs Ibrahim kissed her daughter's forehead and left. Anissa paid attention towards the accessories lying on her table and waiting to be worn by her.

The function begin with full energy and continued till late in the night. All Anissa's friends and cousins were singing songs and performing attan. The music and fun had made it difficult for the guests to go back early. Anissa's family was busy and so was she for the time being engrossed in the rasam and halagula.

Please vote and comment
Sorry I had a mistake. Aliya and Anissa are the same person. I changed the name from Aliya to Anissa.
Sorry for the confusion. Wherever you see Aaliya written let me know.
Thanks alot.