Chapter 9 Popular

Sorry for the late update. Please enjoy these two chapters.

We meet at the front of the school like we always do. "That was some party Friday" Liam says, "I still can't believe you made that bet with Kevin." "I'm glad you put him in his place" Bianca says, "Also, where did you disappear to?" "Like I told you Friday" Liam says, "I went to go get a drink and when I came back both you and Dakota were gone. So, I started looking for you two." I groan, "I can't believe thanks to Wilde that I'm forced to run for homecoming king and on top of that with Maddison." "You realize most people would do anything to be in your position right now" Liam says. "Yeah..." I say, "But I'm not like most people." 

 "Your right" Bianca says, "You're a girl but have a manly side." I glare at Bianca, "That's not what I meant." Bianca puts her hands in the air, "Just saying." "Wait, what" Liam says looking between Bianca and me. "Ignore her" I say and sigh, "The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how Wilde knew that and why he paired me with Maddison." "Maddison probably told him" Bianca says. "True" I say, "But she wouldn't tell him to pair us up and I don't think he knows that I like Maddison." "Who knows" Liam says. "Whatever, we should probably get going before we are late" I say.

Me, Bianca, and Liam walk into school and see a crowd of people standing around. I look at Bianca and Liam and they shrug their shoulders. A girl looks up and see us, "The homecoming king has arrived." "Oh no" I whisper as we are immediately surrounded by people. People are saying one of three things, either that they are sorry for bulling me, that they will vote for me, or both of those things. Once we manage to make it out of the crowd, I see the walls and lockers covered from floor to ceiling with posters telling people to vote for me and Maddison for homecoming king and queen.

"Come on" I say. Out of the corner of my eye is see Marissa storm in and start ripping posters down at random. She turns around and sees us. "You" she says pointing at me while walking over. "Can this day get any worse" I mumble to myself. "Hola reina de las perras" Bianca says, "Que quieres?" (Hello queen bitch, what do you want) Marissa blinks and says angrily, "Stop...stop speaking that alien language." I roll my eyes and say, "She said hello, what do you want?" Marissa eyes me like she doesn't believe me then composes herself and says, "I want you to drop out." 

 "Now why would Dak do that" Bianca asks. Before Marissa can respond, we hear Wilde say, "She's here and queer, vote Zuko for homecoming king." I pinch the bridge of my nose, "You have got to be kidding me." Wilde's friends are handing people the same posters that are covering the lockers and walls as they walk by. Wilde then grabs the posters and throws them in the air, "The king has arrived." Wilde and his friends walk over.

"What's going on over here" Wilde asks. "Marissa was just telling me that I needed to drop out" I say. "Now why would Zuko do that" Wilde asks. "You two are impossible" Marissa says, "Dakota doesn't even want to be homecoming queen and it should go to someone that deserves it." "First off its king, homecoming king" Bianca says, "And who a nobody like you?" Me, Liam, Wilde, and his two friends burst out laughing. "Burn" one of Wilde's friends says.

"Why is everyone laughing" someone asks. We turn around to see Maddison and her two friends. Wilde's other friend says, "Marcie just got owned." "It's Marissa" Marissa says, "Marissa Grace." "So" Maddison says turning to me, "I was thinking that we could go shopping after school today for homecoming." "She doesn't even want this" Marissa says. "Is that true" Maddison asks, "I was looking forward to going with you." "I uh...me too" I say. Maddison smiles and says, "Awesome, see you after school." Maddison and her friends walk away. "Ugh" Marissa says storming off, "I hate everyone here at this stupid school."

The day goes by surprisingly fast. People kept coming up to me throughout the day telling me that they were voting for me. Nathan and Wilde fought for my attention all day. Marissa glared at me, Bianca, and Liam all day. I was at my locker getting my things when I heard, "Ready to go?" I look over and see Maddison. I close my locker and say, "Ready." We begin to walk to my car when someone says, "Where are you going, I thought you were trying out."

We turn around and see Amber. "I'm coming" I say and then look at Maddison, "We can do this after I try out or tomorrow after school." "Tomorrow after school" Maddison says and starts to walk away but stop and looks over her shoulder, "Good luck Dakota." Me and Amber make our way to the gym. Amber introduces me to the current team of returning players and then starts the practice.

After two hours practice is over. I see Bianca and Liam in the stands waiting in the stands for me. We walk towards each other and meet in the middle. "Well..." Bianca asks. I sigh and says, "I...made the team." Bianca slaps my arm, "Asshole." I chuckle as Liam high fives and he says, "Congrats Dakota." "Thanks" I say. "I say we go get ice cream to celebrate Dak making the team" Bianca says. "I'm in" I say. We walk out of the gym together.

Thanks for reading. Again sorry for the late update. What did you think? What do you think will happen next? What do you want to happen next? As always votes and comments are appreciated.