Chapter 15 Homecoming

Sadly, this is the final chapter.  Thank you to everyone who read, voted, and commented.  Keep your eyes open for my new story called Soulmates.  If it sounds interesting, I would appreciate it if you checked it out.  Enjoy the final chapter of She's My L.B.F.

Ashton was a freshman while Emily was a senior and the most popular girl in school. One day Ashton helps Emily and one thing leads another. They start to date, but in secret. They date until Emily graduates and she calls it off without any kind explanation. Now Ashton is a senior and her new English teacher is her ex. Will they pick up from where they left off or is it too late?

The big day is finally upon us, homecoming. Today was a half day so that the football team can get ready for the big game and the decorating committee can finish decorating the gym. The teachers couldn't teach anything because everyone is talking about the big game and the dance tonight. The jocks talked about destroying our rival school, the cheerleaders about the big cheer at half time, the guys brag about how they are going to get some tonight, and the girls about what dresses they are wearing.

The whole me and Maddison situation...leaves me completely confused. On the one hand, we aren't dating or even girlfriends. On the other hand, we aren't friends. I've been basically living at Maddison's house for the last week. We have been getting to know each other, our likes, dislikes, what drives us crazy, quirks about the other person we like. We haven't gone any further then making out, but Maddison keeps making hints that she wants to go further.

Maddison will even text me during classes to meet her somewhere because she missed me, which always leads to making out. Whenever no one is looking or we are alone, she holds my hand. Maddison likes to sit in between my legs with my arms wrapped around her while we watch movies. We always sleep in the same bed and I always hold Maddison, as per Maddison's request, but seems like something I have to go along with and I don't have a say in.

"What are you thinking about" Bianca asks knocking me out of my thoughts. I look over and see her straightening her hair. "Nothing" I reply. "Mhm" Bianca says. "Wilde will be here in ten minutes" Liam says walking out of the bathroom, "Are you sure you don't want a ride." "I already promised Maddison I would we would drive up together" I say trying to tie my tie. Bianca rolls her eyes and ties my tie for me. "Thanks" I say, "I should get going." "See you there" Bianca says. "Later" Liam says.

I leave Liam's house and drive to Maddison's. We won our homecoming game with a last minute interception touchdown. Then me, Liam, and Bianca went to Liam's house to get ready. Wilde is going to pick Liam and Bianca up in a limo. Me and Maddison will meet them and Nathan at the dance. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. Maddison's dad answers the door and lets me in. 

 He grills me until we here, "Dad, don't scare my date away." "I just want to make sure he will take good care and respect you" her dad replies. "She will" Maddison says walking over and hugging me. "Well I'm your dad and that's in my job description" he says. Maddison rolls her eyes and her mom takes what feels like a million pictures before we are allowed to go to the dance. "I want her home by one" Maddison's dad says. "Yes sir" I reply. "You two have fun now" Maddison's mom says.

The car ride we just talk about random things. We arrive and I park my car. We walk in and over to Liam, Wilde, and Bianca. Nathan arrives a few minutes after us. We then get some spiked punch and cheer to homecoming. The night is full of us hanging out, talking, and dancing. "Alright quiet down" the principle says as the music stops playing. Slowly people stop talking and dancing and look over at the stage. 

 "Here in my hand I have the homecoming king and queen" the principle says, "Can I have everyone that ran come up onto the stage." Me, Maddison, Kevin, Marissa, and a few other guys and girls walk up onto the stage. "And now the moment you have all been waiting for" the principle says, "Your homecoming king is...Dakota Zuko." The entire gym erupts in cheers. I walk forward and the principle puts the crown on my head. 

"And your homecoming queen is...what a surprise Maddison Stark" the principle says. Everyone cheers as Maddison steps forward and the principle puts the tiara on her head. "I present to you your homecoming king and queen" the principle says, and everyone cheers. Me and Maddison walk to the cleared out area in the middle of everyone. A slow song begins to play, and we dance. Once the song ends, everyone cheers.

Maddison then grabs my face and kisses me. It takes me a few seconds to reciprocate the kiss since Maddison took me by surprise. Maddison pulls away and we smile at each other. The gym has gone silent and everyone is staring at us. "I told you Nathan" Wilde says, "Now pay up." Everyone breaks out in laughter and starts clapping. "How the hell did you know that" Nathan says handing Wilde a stack of money. "I have my ways" Wilde says.

The music begins to play again and everyone starts dancing. "You know you just came out to everyone" I say. "That was kinda the point" Maddison says, "Now you can ask me to be your girlfriend." I open and close my mouth several times, "I-uh...umm...do you uh...do you want to-" "You cheated" Marissa says, "That should have been me and Kevin." "Oh my god" I mumble. "Perra" Bianca says, "Perdiste, sigue adelante." (Bitch you lost, move on)

"Stop...stop speaking that alien language" Marissa says. "Just give it up" Wilde says, "Once a loser always a loser." "You're the real loser" Marissa says, "Your bi." "And its freakin amazing" Wilde says. "And I'm his boyfriend" Liam says pulling Wilde in for a kiss. Everyone cheers them on. "What the hell is wrong with this school" Marissa yells as she walks off into the crowd. "But seriously" Nathan says, "How did you know that?" "Liam told me that Dakota had a crush on Maddison" Wilde says, "So that's why I told everyone to vote for them for homecoming king and queen."

I punch Liam's arm, "So you set this all up." "Because you wouldn't grow some balls and just ask Maddison out" Liam says, "Your welcome." Everyone goes back to dancing. "I believe you were going to ask me something before you were rudely interrupted" Maddison says. "Maddison Stark" I say, "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes" Maddison says pulling me in for a kiss, "You know its only eleven and I don't have to be home for another two hours." I look at her and raise my eyebrow. She holds up a hotel hey and smirks at me. "Lead the way" I say. We run to my car hand in hand smiling the whole way.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for all the support, to everyone who read, voted, and commented. What did you think? I would appreciate it if you checked out my new story Soulmates. As always votes and comments are appreciated.