Chapter 3 The Betrayal

Marissa's P.O.V.

I have been going to school since eighth grade and I'm tired of being at the bottom. I am going to have to do something big in order to claim my rightful place as the most popular person in school. One thing you should know about this school is that majority of the kids come from influential or wealthy families. The other thing you should know about this school is that if you do something huge, you will instantly be known. Take Maddison, Wilde, and Amber for example.

Maddison somehow knows everyone's secrets and uses those secret to her advantage. So back freshman year she told a huge secret of the head jock at the time and instantly was known and feared by everyone. Wilde used to go by Corbin until he threw a party that went down in history as the wildest party at that time back freshman year after our school won the homecoming game that year. People started calling him by his last name Wilde and it stuck. Then Amber became popular after leading the volleyball, basketball, soccer, and softball team for the first time in this schools history to the championship and taking first place and also having an undefeated season.

As I have said before, I have been trying to become popular since eighth grade. I have come up with hundreds of plans on how to become popular and my plans always fail. This plan is fool proof and I will be the first to do this. making me go down in history at this school. For once Dakota is actually useful. I know a few things about her that the school doesn't and since the school is full of bratty, spoiled, rich, judgmental kids, this will defiantly work in my favor. It is now currently lunch time, time to put my plan into action. I just have to find Maddison while she is alone. I start walking around the hallways looking for Maddison. After searching for a few minutes, I see Maddison and Wilde arguing while their friends back them up.

"Shut the hell up barbie" Wilde says. "Burn" one of Wilde's friends say. Maddison just smirks and says, "You know this barbie likes to play dirty. This is either going to end one of two ways, you do as I say, or everyone meets the real Corbin." "It's Wilde" Wilde says, "Fine." "Good boy" Maddison says. "You bi-" Wilde says, "What do you want?" They all look at me. I walk over to them. "What if I told you I have some top secret information that even Maddison doesn't know" I ask. "I'm listening" Wilde says. "I want something in return" I say. "You want to be popular" Maddison says. "Of course Maddison knows" Wilde mumbles.

"Yes" I say, "Dakota Zuko is gay." Wilde looks confused and asks, "Who?" "He's the one that Kevin is always bulling" one of Wilde's friends says. "That's not all" I say, "He's actually a she..." Maddison and her friends look at each other. Well there goes my friendship and relationship, not that I care I am going to be popular. Me and Dakota have never gotten along. Same goes with me and Bianca. And there is just something off with Liam. "Finally" I say, "She is intersex." One of Maddison's friends whisper something into her ear. They begin to whisper amongst each other. Wilde looks at his friends in confusion and they shrug. They all look at me and laugh. "You are desperate to be popular" Maddison says. They walk away laughing. I'll show them and then they will be begging for me to forgive them.

Monday is a bust.

Tuesday I still have nothing.

Wednesday my mind is still blank.

Come Thursday, I still have no plan and the final bell just rang. "You free" Dakota asks. I get my things while she gets her things. "No" I say, like I want to spend time with you, but I still am curious, "Why?" Dakota says, "Bianca bailed on me and Liam has to help his parents with something." "What were you going to doing" I ask, why am I talking to an idiot. Dakota says, "Mr. Arc asked me to fix the equipment in the principal's office so that they could do morning announcements tomorrow."

Yes! The big break that I have been waiting for for the last three years has presented itself. I have found my solution to becoming popular. Holy shit, I'm going to be popular tomorrow. I am going to be popular. I am going to that party tomorrow. Everyone is going to be lining up to be my friend. Every boy is going to want to date me. I am finally going to get the attention and respect I deserve. Ha take that Bianca and Dakota, in your face, my plan is going to work this time. If I didn't hate you Dakota I would hug you.

Someone snapping at me knocks me out of my thoughts. "What" I snap. "Sorry" Dakota says, "You spaced out for a minute. As I was saying I'll see you tomorrow Marissa." Dakota starts to walk away. "Wait" I say. Dakota stops walking and turns around, "What?" "I forgot that my plans got canceled" I say and quick-thinking good job, "Is your offer still open?" Dakota says, "Come on." We walk into the principal's office. Dakota begins to work. So how am I going to do this? "How does this work" I ask. "Hand me that" Dakota says, and I do, "So you turn on this camera and it is connected to that laptop. That laptop is connected to the entire school." "So, is it a recorded message or live" I ask, please say a recording works. "Either or" Dakota says.

Ok so now I have to somehow record Dakota confessing to be gay, a girl, and intersex. Then I just have to make sure to arrive at school early to make sure that the tech loser plays it. Then I finally become popular and can go to that party. "Ok I think I fixed it" Dakota says. "We should test it to make sure" I say. "Ok stand over there" Dakota says. I stand there and say a bunch of random words while Dakota records it. Dakota then makes sure everything is working.

While she is busy with that, I make sure the camera is on her and turn it on. "I don't get it, you're a girl but dress like a guy" I say. "Marissa, we have been over this" Dakota replies, "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I have to dress and act like one. It's just who I am, can we not talk about it here, I don't want someone to hear this conversation." One confession down. "So, are you still seeing that girl" I ask, "Kelly?" "It's Kara first of all and no we broke up months ago" Dakota says, "I already told you this." Another confession down, one more to go.

"Alright everything is working, you ready to go" Dakota asks. Dammit, oh well she did confess two of her three secrets. Dakota grabs her bag and I turn off the camera. "Ready" I say. We go our separate ways. I make sure to arrive a half an hour early the following day. I make my way to the principal's office. I see the tech loser, but not the principal. Perfect. "I need a favor" I say, "There is a recording on that camera that I need you to play after the announcements."

"I will get in trouble" the techie says. "How is this" I ask giving him a piece of paper. He opens the paper to see what he thinks is my number, but in reality, is just some random number. "Ok" the techie says. I walk out of the room looking at the time on my phone and smile. In about half an hour I will be popular. 

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.