Chapter 6 The Jock And Rich Kid

I am currently sitting in my last class of the day, waiting for the bell to ring so that I can leave and starring off to the side. The bell rings and I grab my things. I quickly exit the classroom and head to my locker. Everything I need I throw in my backpack and everything I don't need I throw into my locker. I close my locker and feel my phone vibrate. It's a text from Bianca saying to meet her and Liam at my car. I reply with an ok and start to walk to my car.

"You're a hard person to find" I hear from behind me. I turn around and see Amber Jackson standing there. "Um...sorry" I say raising an eyebrow. "I'm just here to talk" Amber says, "I figured you were into sports." "What because I'm gay" I ask. Amber says, "Well...ya." "Well your assumption based on a stereotype would be correct" I say. "Awesome" Amber says smiling, "What do you play?"

"I play basketball" I reply. "You any good" Amber asks. I say, "My friends say I'm amazing, but I think I'm alright." "Well try outs are coming up in a few weeks" Amber says, "We always have a meeting the day before the try outs, why don't you come then and show us what you got." "Ok" I reply. "Awesome" Amber says, "You going to Wilde's party?" "I kinda have to" I reply, "I'm the guest of honor." "Of course, makes sense" Amber says, "Well I was going to hang out at the dinner down the street with a few friends, do you want to tag along?"

"My friends are actually waiting for me" I say, "I should get going, don't want to keep them waiting." Amber says, "Invite your friends, their more than welcomed to join." "I don't want to intrude" I say. "You wouldn't be intruding" Amber says, "I did invite you." "Right, you did" I say. "So..." Amber asks, "It's on me, my treat." I say, "Thanks, but-" "Dakota has other plans" Nathan says walking up, "Sorry, not sorry." Amber rolls her eyes, "See you at the party Dakota." Amber walks off.

"I do" I ask turning to face Nathan. "Yes, you do" Nathan says, "You need the perfect outfit for tonight." "What's wrong with what I'm wearing" I ask looking at my outfit. "You can't go to a party dressed like that" Nathan says. "I still don't see what the problem is" I say. "Oh you have got a lot to learn Dakota" Nathan says. "Are you implying something" I ask. "That when it comes to clothes, you are like a guy" Nathan says. "But you're a guy" I say. "Touché" Nathan says, "Now come on, we don't have all day." "I already have plans" I say, "With my friends, that are waiting for me. I'll see you at the party." "Invite your friends" Nathan says.

"I'm good" I say. "I insist" Nathan says, "Besides, I'm paying." "Not happening" I say, "I hate shopping." "It's not that bad" Nathan says. "No...shopping is the worst" I say, "And have you ever been shopping with girls?" "Yes" Nathan says, "And it's a blast." I stare at Nathan in disbelief and asks, "Don't take this the wrong way, but what the hell is wrong with you?" "What the hell Dak" Bianca asks walking up with Liam, "You were supposed to meet us like ten minutes ago." I reply, "Sorry, people keep talking to me." "So, me and Dakota were going to go shopping for an outfit for the party" Nathan says, "You two want to join, it's on me.

" I turn to Nathan, "What don't you get about-" "Yes" Bianca says interrupting me. I mouth really at Bianca and Bianca shrugs. Nathan smiles and says, "Great. I'll meet you three at the mall in ten minutes." Nathan walks off. "Great" I say, "There goes my afternoon." "Oh come on Dak" Bianca says, "We are going shopping and its on him." "Oh right" I say, "It's on him, that makes everything better." "I thought you hated shopping" Liam says. "I was being sarcastic" I say, "Lets just get this over with.

"We walk to my car and I drive to the mall. We walk in and look for Nathan. "Good, you're here" Nathan says, "Lets go, we only have three hours." I groan and follow them. I lost count of how many stores we went too after the fourth store and how many outfits I was forced to try on after the twentieth outfit. After what felt like an eternity, they finally found an outfit that met their approval. "Thank god..." I mumble. After Nathan pays he says, "I'll see you three in a bit." Nathan goes home I'm assuming to get ready and we all go to my house after picking up some food. We eat and talk until its time to go. We change into our outfits and then I drive to Wilde's house.

Thanks for reading. What did you think? What do you think will happen next? What do you want to happen next? As always votes and comments are appreciated.