No Doctors

Tony placed Steve on a comfortable bed instead of a cot. Thor pushed a cart full of medical supplies and Bruce transformed back into human form, he wanted to help. But as for visitors, everyone was watching, even Wanda who was still heart broken about Vision.

But the down side was, there was no doctors around to perform a surgery. They all stayed at the Tower because the Avengers always went back there after important missions to rest amd get fixed up. But Steve had no time, he was actually a ticking clock and death was getting closer. Tony knew it and he remembered his favorite memory with Steve in New York after a huge police chase.

Flashback...

"You know, someday you're gonna find somebody to love." Tony joked with Steve. Steve chuckled by his remark.

"Well not everyone can have a happy ending." Steve smiled.

"I know a girl who's perfect for you." Tony replied.

"Yeah, I know one too." Steve blushed as he thought about Natasha Romanoff.

But Tony suddenly became very serious and so did Steve. They stood in a big alley, looking at each other. They were good friends and they always trusted each other. "You'll get the life you always wanted, do you trust me on that?" Tony asked.

Steve stared at his friend, and he nodded with his eyebrows raised. "I do Tony." Steve replied.

End Of Flashback

End Of Flashback...

Tony smiled at the great memories he's cherrished with Steve. And to be honest, Tony didn't like Steve at all when they first met. He always thought Steve was too noble and patriotic. But after the fight in New York in 2012, Tony realized that America needed a little more patriotism. And Steve delivered that patriotism with pride as he fought the aliens with incredible strength, something that Tony admired about Steve.

Thor always liked Steve and always will. They were always great friends from the start, even after all of Thor's "small man" jokes that were pointed directly at Tony and Steve.

"I don't know guys," Bruce looked at Tony and Thor with worry. "I think it's about time we get Natasha before he slips."

Tony's body began to shake and Thor frown and looked down at the ground. But Tony knew this was coming by just how bad the stomach wound was. Tony wasn't no doctor, he was only book smart in the medical field. Yes, he's have done some surgeries that involved very little wounds. But this is big, and Tony couldn't handle it. He pulled a chair up beside Steve and he grab his slightly cold hand.

"You can't go buddy, you can't." Tony mumbled. Thor caught a glimpse of a tear falling down Tony's cheek.

"Is Natasha on her way?" Thor asked quietly. Bruce nodded as he put his phone away slowly and looked at the group of people, staring behind the glass window.

Within a few minutes, Steve's breathing has stopped twice in the time Natasha took to get to his side. Tony and Thor both didn't freak out, but Bruce did enough to leave the room. But Natasha walked in, tears streaming down her face. Tony instantly gave up his chair and gave to Natasha. She sat down and took in Steve's hand.

"Hey baby, you gotta wake up and fight for us!" Natasha smiked. Steve's chest slowly rose and then it slowly fell. Minute by minute, the wait for his death to come dragged the day on longer. But one thing caught the eyes of everyone who was in the room, and that was the bleeding has stopped.

"That's odd, we only pulled the bullet out and put gauze and a wrap on it." Tony whispered to Thor.

"Steve, you know that it was close to impossible for me to get pregnant, but look at us now! One small happy family. Please Steve, push through the pain, push through death and come out of this alive. I wouldn't know what to do without ya." Natasha cried. She got up and laid beside the super soldier, laying her head on his chest and she listened to his heart beat until she couldn't hear it anymore. But that didn't last either because in a few seconds, the heart beats were back.

"Um, Stark, maybe he won't die." Thor suggested. Natasha looked up at them then back at Steve. He wasn't getting cold, but he was getting warmer. Natasha's heart melted with joy and excitement.

"He's fighting back!" Natasha cheered. Tony smiled and hugged Natasha, but Thor didn't want to be apart of that. Not when he saw his wife again who returned after her stay vacation in New Mexico.

"Guys," Maria opened up the door and poked her head into the room. "Something shot out of the spacecraft, but no damage was done. We should go on lock down."

"Yes we should. We need guards at ever door, corner, anywhere to protect the babies and Steve. Tell everyone to suit up." Tony ordered as he pulled out his tablet.

Natasha looked at the Avengers who stood behind the window, watching their leader fight for his life that even they needed a leader for this moment. Natasha looked at Tony and he was too busy, Thor was outside of the room with Jane. Natasha stood up and walked to the door, she slightly opens it with many people asking questions about Steve.

"Guys please quiet down, he's fighting without help from a docters aid so we don't know what'll happen. But, you've heard the news, something shot down from that spacecraft. So, we need to be alert at all times and if anything gets in here, it's a full out war. Protect the babies and Steve, we need all of them." Natasha said. She kept a plain face but everyone nodded and went separate ways.

"You know, I'd like the war to go outside! I don't want to pay for reconstruction." Tony winked. Natasha rolled her eyes and placed herself by the door, protecting Steve.