𝐕: The Hunt Has Begun

Start from the beginning

Elijah grunted in creeping annoyance at how he gotten her blood but answered nonetheless. His patience was beginning to grow thinner the longer this took. "She is alive for now. It was troublesome but had to be done."

"It might have been more wicked to leave her alive with your brother still out for her death." The witch commenced adding water to the herbs to make the paste form into a consistent liquid substance before carefully mixing them all together. "What a cruel heart you must have within you, Elijah Mikaelson," Marika remarked with an attentive gaze upon the original vampire as she poured the mixture into two cups leaving some in the bowl for another use. They were filled almost to the top before she had stopped.

Elijah ignored her comments. "Is the potion finished, Marika?" He asked sharply. His tone no longing wanting to answer more questions than needed.

Marika smiled slightly at his words, used to the blunt crudeness the vampire was blatantly showing her. "Have I told you before that you remind me much of my wife?" she added, seeminling out of nowhere as she handed one of the cups to Elijah.

The noble original was surprised at her sudden comment. He wondered what similarities she was talking about with her wife that she had mentioned a few times before.

"She is very cruel being. Ice runs very deep in her heart that not even the realm of Tartarus could retain. We often don't see eye to eye and she is prefers to distance herself without unintentionally but she loves me without a doubt. My wife gives me a hard time and all types of attitude but that is what spouses do anyways." She chuckled at her own words, recalling back to moments she held dear to her heart. The scolding she would get from her wife who worried about her when she was away for too long and would stay up late just to see her again. Marika adored her wife like no other.

The fondness in the witch's tone was evident as she spoke of this wife. Elijah felt envious of her to have someone love her the way he longed to be loved. To be cherished no matter what faults and the skeletons in his closet he had. Elijah would prevent himself from getting to close. The fear of them dying horrible deaths that would haunt him the rest of his existence was too great of a burden.

Elijah could not relive the tragedy of his first love, the only one he desired to marry only for her to burn. No amount of time would make him about to forgive, let alone forget.

He remained silent until Marika once again began to speak a moment. "There are secrets she keeps that no one is to know and that reminds me of you very well, Elijah. I am certain you have much you have sworn to keep hidden until the day you perish from this world." She concluded in a light yet knowing tone. Like she knew more about Elijah than she was letting on but would not tell him.

The noble original hummed at her words gruffly. "Your wife sounds like a very interesting woman, Marika. You are very lucky to have someone who loves you dearly as you do to them." He hid the bitterness in his voice as he gave s small smile. He was glad she was happy with someone.

Marika's lips lifted up in a smile of her form and she nodded her head at his words. "The potion is finished, you can drink it now as I start the spell to track." She held the dark green drink to Elijah. Marika took her cup and drank it in one swallow. "The potion is just meant for you to be able to see what I see when I do the location spell." She further explained, watching Elijah drink the green substance with a curious gaze in her eyes. The witch did not flinch at the earthly taste as it was very familiar taste to her by now.

Elijah had attempted not to gag wholeheartedly at the taste of it. The potion was very overwhelming that he was forced to suck in a breath of air and clear his throat a few times. "It has quite a taste to it." Elijah remarked, gladly taking the water bottle offered to get the taste out of his mouth. He was relieved relief at the tasted subsiding.