𝐕: The Hunt Has Begun

❦ ═══════ •⊰❂⊱• ═══════ ❦

The noble original patiently watched with a careful gaze of every little movement the dark olive-toned woman took. With quick fingers, she mixed a variety of herbs and ingredients together. His heightened hearing picked up low chanting of the woman. It was in an ancient tongue he recognized to be similar to Latin but much darker and complex sounding.

The chanting continued with precision as she grinded the mixture together with a small mallet in the bowl to create a sort of paste. There was a look of concentration present on her delicate features with her lips twisted into a scowl. Truly, she was a natural beauty without effort. If things were different, Elijah would have well wanted to pursue a relationship but with a vengeful and temperamental brother like Niklaus who feared abandonment more than the gods themselves, the concept of happiness never lasted long when his family were always an obstacle. "How much longer until it's done, Marika?" Elijah asked quietly. He knew potions were took to create but would e helpful to get a time frame for how long.

"Not much longer I assure you." The witch Marika Vasia answered calmly. She didn't mind the questions but her attention would be soley focused on the task at hand until it was complete.

Elijah nodded and was grateful of the answer. Waiting wasn't the issue but he knew he didn't have time left with his brother was plotting. Elijah would need to arrive at Mystic Falls before Niklaus did.

"If I may ask." She began in a curious tone. Elijah gazed at her fr a moment and waited to hear her continue. "What made you think there are living descendants of Kartina Petrova if your brother had hunted them down and killed every member of her family?" She asked casually but the gravity of the question made the air feel heavy like a boulder placed upon Elijah's shoulders.

For the longest time, Elijah had well thought Katrina's bloodline was wiped out by his brother's wrath. Yet from recent research and a deeper drive, he had taken notice that there was a new family that closely lived around the same period of time and originated from Bulgaria just as Katrina had.

For now, it was a hunch and could have been purely coincidencal until he could prove otherwise. Attempting to get answers from Katrina had proved to be more challenging than Elijah anticipated. "My brother in his rage only had as much interest and need to be thorough. Up until he became bored of it and moved to the next that caught his attention. It is merely a theory until this spell is done." Elijah summarized. There were far too many other details but there simply was not enough time to get there nor enough trust to indulge someone else's curiosity. He had questions of who must have been smart enough or held great enough power to hide the living descendants as long as they did. Someone wanted this information to be buried and difficult to find.

Marika hummed at his words, dark Orange eyes swirling with hints of Gold flickered over him. She could tell that there was more than what he was saying but did not press further into the matter. "You must have gone a long way to have gotten Katrina's blood. She is still alive I would assume?" The witch had placed the blood that was previously in the blood bag in a smaller bowl onto the map placed on the middle of the table.