𝐈𝐈: A Bargain with Death

❦ ═══════ •⊰❂⊱• ═══════ ❦

"This is a horrible and reckless idea no matter what angle you think about it." Stefan protested. His dark green eyes narrowed in frustration while his brows ceased in tension that mirrored the emotion reflecting in his body. It was already stressful with Klaus and his plotting to kill his ex-girlfriend. Summoning the God of Death should have been completely out of the question to add to their list of things to worry about.

The older Salvatore stared at his brother blankly. He knew his brother had a point, but they both were aware there weren't many other options left for them to take. "Alright, righteous Bunny eater. If you have another idea, please share it with the class. We would be more than happy to hear." Damon snorted carelessly. His voice was sarcastic and dry, as if further dwelling on the matter was nothing but a waste of time. He poured himself a glass of Bourn with blood before downing the drink in one go. A quiet sigh left his body as he swiped his tongue over his teeth. If the day continued on like this, he didn't want to be sober for it.

"We have both tried research and we got next to nothing other than tales and rumors, Stefan. Nothing we found was reliable, and you know damn well." Damon refuted in a tired tone. This conversation was more bothersome and took more time than needed. To the supernatural world, the first vampires were just myths to scare the young supernatural generation. Only a few have encountered them to truly know their origin or how they came to be. From the corner of his eye, Damon glanced at his brother, silently waiting for the worries he knew Stefan had. This could potentially make them a target for a being as fearsome and callous as Death was.

"I know that, Damon. but maybe there are other options we just haven't yet explored." Stefan pinched the bridge of his nose, inhaling sharply as he avoided glancing at his nonchalant older brother. They had been at this back-and-forth bickering for nearly two hours now. Stefan was growing quite tired of repeating the same words over and over again just for his brother to disregard them. It was frustrating.

"I wonder if these other options will just stroll into town and say here I am now conveniently for you." The Raven-haired Salvatore remarked in mock wonder—a teasing smirk on his face. At this point, he was provoking his younger brother on purpose just to spark a reaction. Stefan glared at him with a scoff.

"You don't need to be such an ass, Damon," Elena added, cutting into their argument before it could get further heated. This was getting them nowhere when they were supposed to be talking about gathering the ingredients that Bonnie needed while she was learning the spell with her older sister.

Damon looked upon the lookalike of his ex with a mocking grin tugging on his features. He really couldn't take her seriously right now. "It's a part of the package if you haven't noticed. One of us needs to be realistic." He wondered what his brother could have possibly seen in this girl to date her in the first place. Or this ridiculous need to do all this for her life that could end at any moment. Of course, it was a stupid attachment, but his brother would not listen to reason.