★ | 009. don't pretend, the vampire diaries

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 9: Don't Pretend, The Vampire Diaries
Word Count: 446

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 9: Don't Pretend, The Vampire DiariesWord Count: 446

Stefan stood in front of the Gilbert boys door, lifting his hand to knock on it softly. The door slowly slid open and a head popped out. [name] Gilbert. Eyes teary and a frown on his lips.

"Stefan? What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. You know, after..." he trailed off, not knowing if the Gilbert boy wanted to hear the older Salvatore's name. Damon and [name] used to date until Damon broke up with him because he was in love with Elena. Low blow.

"No offence but I really don't want to talk about it." [name] replied, looking down at the ground. "Besides even if I did, there's nothing to talk about. I'm fine. Elena and Damon can run off into the sunset for all I care."

"You don't have to pretend with me." Stefan said softly, lifting his hand to rest on the door frame. "I'm here for you... for whatever you want. If you want to talk or not to talk."

"I appreciate that." [name] smiled sincerely. "You're my best friend and as much as I would love to shit talk Damon with you, I just don't have the energy to anymore but I'll take you up on your not talking option please." He moved out of the way for Stefan to enter. "Lets just lie down and watch a movie. A gory horror where I can imagine the people dying to be Damon and Elena."

Stefan laughed, walking in and watching the other boy jump on the bed and lie down on his back. He moved forward and picked out some horror movie, not really paying attention to the name or description. He had a feeling [name] wouldn't be paying much attention to it anyway. He sat back on the bed and lied down next to him.

[name] rolled over onto his side and rested his head on Stefan's chest. "You really are amazing. I have no idea how Elena could be dumb enough to let you go."

Stefan smiled. They had broken up because Stefan had confessed to her that he was in love with her brother. [name] Gilbert was everything Stefan wanted and more. Unfortunately, he had always had his attention on Damon so Stefan never thought he had a chance. For now, he wouldn't put any moves on him. He would be there for him as a friend. As long as he needed him, he would be there.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio