Important

So, hypothetically, you were to live in a spacious dark brick house, the exterior would be modern while the interior would have more of a rustic antique feel. A home located somewhere where there were proper seasons. You'd have a huge backyard with loads of room for the dog to run and play, along with a pool out back for the summer months. Taehyung would have to do the dishes five days a week but he'd have an art studio in the basement. You'd get your own private reading nook upstairs on the second floor.

Now you were down to the most important decision, after blowing through nine races, and this would be the last one. This race would determine the number of children the two of you would have in this fantasy world, each of you holding onto your number in your head till after the race was over. Though, you knew Taehyung's number was probably higher than your own. This was all just make-believe, but somewhere after the fourth race, you started to take it abnormally seriously and the races began to get pretty competitive. 

In retrospect, you would have to be the one giving birth to these fantasy children so it already seemed like an unfair disadvantage on your part if he won. Maybe if he was the one that would have to squeeze those watermelons out of his body, you'd pick a high number too, but you felt compelled to win. It felt like so much was bet on this race when in reality nothing was being waged at all. You could feel your heart thumping in your chest as adrenaline coursed through your veins. 

"Three...Two...One!"

Once again, the two of you counted down, this time in unison. You slammed your foot down onto the gas pedal and darted off like a bullet. So far, you had a leg up in the competition, having won five of the nine races. However, Taehyung always kept close behind. You were bouncing back and forth between who won each round. It didn't give you much confidence having a higher streak knowing that statistically, he'd win this next race. 

The both of you felt an immense determination to win this last race, for more than just what was at stake for winning, but for bragging rights.

You took the first turn sharply, skidding around the right corner closer to the inner rim as Taehyung was forced to take the outer. You sped ahead, a few feet in front of him, and you heard him grumble from behind you.

A smiled split your lips at the triumph. The racing wind bit at your cheeks and made your hair whip wildly behind you. That victory was short lived, however, as the next left turn you had to take was wide and you had let your uplifted spirits cloud your objective. Taehyung rocketed by, getting a good ten feet ahead of you in just a few seconds.

Profanities streamed from your lips in a yelp as you tried stomping on the gas as if it were nitrous and would some how give you more speed, which it didn't because it wasn't. Both of you hit a long stretch of road that allowed him to keep his place in the lead. Shifting in your seat, you tried everything to make up the lost ground, closing the distance by a mere five feet now.  

You barreled toward the next turn, cutting the wheel and trying to take it sharply, and carefully applied the break with your left foot as you attempted to drift the corner as if you were a skilled race car driver. Of course, cockiness was the downfall of many.

You put your foot down a little too heavily on the break as you rounded the corner. Your back tires burnt out and sent the tail end of your kart flying the wrong way. Without warning or intent your kart crashed into the side of Taehyung's, causing him to jerk the wheel and suddenly scrape the wall. You both came to an abrupt stop and for a moment, things calmed down.

You met his gaze across that short distance, eyes narrowed as you both reached a silent understanding that this wasn't over yet. You quickly shifted back into your competitive mindset and thrust your foot onto the gas as you turned your wheel to get back on course.