18

Theme Song: Skillet ft. Lacey Sturm - Breaking Free

18

"So you're telling me that you manipulated my memories? You made me forget everything?" Her brow frowned slightly. They had returned back to Derry and their underground sanctuary. Pennywise was facing away from her. He had assumed his human facade almost the very instant they had set foot back home. His broad shoulders shifted enticingly as he lifted his arms to add Victor Sterling to their collection of floating figures spiraling slowly above their heads. Her gaze watched them for a brief moment before it was pulled back down to him, practically boring holes into his back. He could feel the intense heat of her eyes and it almost made him cringe in anticipation.

"I told you before, Preciousss, that I had to. I had to ensure that you were safe." He replied, finally turning around to face her. The intensity of his eyes mixed with the dramatic, evil arch of his brows pinning her with a delicious weight that immediately caused a white hot lance of desire to whip through her veins.

"I do not doubt that you love me, but don't you think that this was something that you should have confided in me from the beginning?"

"It is rare that humans truly want to know the truth."

Her brow frowned further. "This is my life we are talking about, Pennywise. Perhaps it would have been nice had you at least let me decide for myself on what would have best for me."

He arched a single brow higher but said nothing. She was angry with him? He could smell it, feel it like a nearly palpable wave of heat, stinging him like a thousand bees.

"What happened? What made you decide to screw with my memories?"

He sighed softly but reached out towards her with his left hand. He thought for a moment that she wasn't about to take it, but then he felt the warmpth of her dainty fingers slide against his palm, he tugged her closer. He wrapped his heavily tattooed arms around her smaller frame, just simply holding her against his chest.

"It was not a decision I made lightly, Amanda, nor was it something I had ever wanted to do, but I had to. Your mother and father were fanatics. Part of a cult that was a splinter group of the Cult of Chud. They had no name and no qualms over how they accomplished their goals. Your very own father led this group. It was his decision to offer you up as a sacrifice. It was his knife that pierced your flesh. You were so young, Preciousss. Four years old when they bound you to me. That is too young to have to live with the memories and the connection of being tied to a creature such as me. I could not subject you to that, nor could I allow the Cult of Chud to find out about our connection."

"So you wiped them away for my protection." She made it a statement rather than a question. Her brow smoothed out and a sense of what appeared to be relief, eased the tension that had begun to stiffen her shoulders.

"Memories can never be wiped away." He stated, running his tattooed fingers through the dark silk of her hair. They tangled in those inky strands as if he had no intention of ever letting her go. "They can be repressed, but never ripped away. They are still locked deep inside your mind, though I suspect that you have had flashes of them resurfacing, or perhaps even dreamed about them at some point."

She tugged her lower lip between her teeth and Pennywise found himself hardening painfully at the gesture. Though she made it something simple, he took it as something highly sensual. His eyes immediately focused on her lips and he felt his blood stir, scalding his veins as he watched her drag the edge of her teeth along her lower lip.

"I've had nightmares as far back as I can remember. Which is part of the reason why I would always get up and write. Creating a fictional world helped me focus on something other than that fear, even though most of what I have written has been a combination of horror, romance and thrillers."

He nodded once in acknowledgement, fingers sliding once more through her hair. "I suspect that was your way of coping with what your mind already knew but wasn't quite willing to let you remember." He hesitated for a moment, his thumb brushing along the curve of that enticing lower lip. "The first time I saw you, you were four. I did not see you again until you had turned twenty seven. You sought me out because I had been entering your dreams. I couldn't stay away from you and I had to make sure that you were safe. You came to me of your own initiative, of your own free will. Again, the Cult your father had started showed themselves. The end result, I had to lock your memories of me away. The mother and father you had come to know as your own had found you as a traumatized child. They took you in and I manipulated those I could to ensure you remained in their care. "

"So, I have known you this entire time?" She asked, sounding almost as if she was in awe.

"Yes." Pennywise admitted. His thumb pulled very lightly on her lower lip and he found himself desiring to claim her mouth with his own, but he kept himself in check. "I had to suppress my own emotions and desires for so long that I was considering going mad. Now that I have you, now that you and I are bound, I am not going to let you go, Preciousss. The Cult of Chud and it's off shoot fanatical sect are still functioning. They are both badly wounded, but they remain alive. We must be prepared in the event that they will come after us. We must rebuild our kingdom and our strength. A war is coming, Preciousss and it is not a war I intend on losing."

Amanda nipped at his thumb, her intense yellow eyes watching for the shift in the expression on his face. She saw relief in his eyes, but that was quickly swallowed by desire, stark and raw that burned like a tangible entity between them. He had never once felt such a strong longing for anyone in his entire existence and no matter how many times he had her, he knew that he would never be able to get enough of her.

"You tempt me too damn much, woman." He growled lowly before he finally caved in and claimed her lips with his own. He kept his gaze locked on hers, even as he backed her up against the stone of the cistern wall. He felt her breath rush out of her lungs and pass between them. The fingers of his left hand remained tangled in her hair while those of his right curled at the back of her neck, gently tugging and shifting her head exactly where he wanted it in order to deepen the kiss. The edges of his teeth scraped erotically along the fullness of her lower lip and tugged it between his lightly. He was rewarded when her nails dug into the flesh at his waist. She was a bit too short to reach his shoulders without some form of discomfort unless she was propped up closer to his height. Either way, it mattered not to him. He enjoyed her touch regardless. Pennywise practically purred in delight when he felt her fingers smooth over the flesh over his ribs, rewarded when those nails dug sharp enough to cause thin rivulets of blood to seep into the air.

With a harsh growl, Pennywise slid his hands down to the backs of her thighs and lifted her up nearly forcefully off of her feet. Her legs immediately locked around his waist, a purr of delight rumbling past her lips as she felt the evidence of his arousal pressing against her even through the fabric of their clothing.

His attention was immediately pulled towards the entrance to the central chamber. His yellow gaze watching the rounded arch for several seconds over her shoulder.

"It seems that we are not alone any longer, Preciousss."

"I know, I felt it too." Her whispered words caused him to look at her. Like his, her eyes had bleed to that familiar Demonic yellow. "Friend or foe?"

His focus shifted back towards the entrance. "I don't know, but it feels...familiar."