7

Theme Song: Prince - When Doves Cry

7

Pennywise stood at the end of the street. A half smoked cigarette smouldering at the corner of his mouth as he watched the house that Amanda had rented. His human facade was quickly becoming another favorite for him and he was using it now. The sun had set a few hours ago, and he had left her sleeping on a fairly clean mattress in his underground safe haven. She had looked so beautiful, so peaceful that he hadn't wanted to wake her. She hadn't gotten much sleep the past couple of days. She would need her strength for the changes that would be coming soon. It was going to be a painful enough experience for her.

Rain had begun to fall in thick sheets, nearly making visibility limited, but he could see quite clearly. The front door had been kicked open and hung on splintered hinges. The wind that had begun to pick up made it sway back and forth, creaking ominously. His keen gaze watched for any sign of movement. Faint shadows could be seen in the upstairs window.

Her room.

Lips pulling back from his teeth in a mocking snarl, he tossed the butt of the cigarette into a puddle, seemingly vanishing into thin air.

The Clown materialized in the quaint living room. The human facade having been forgotten for the time being as his anger surfaced. White gloved hands held strings to a small bouquet of red balloons as he all but silently skilled into the kitchen. One of the men that had broken into the house was rummaging through the drawers of the kitchen. Whatever he was searching for, he was completely focused on and paid no attention to the fact that a seven foot Clown stood creepily behind him, very nearly within touching distance.

"Hello, Robert." Pennywise crooned in his high-pitched, child-like voice. "Would you like a balloon?"

The man whipped around, dropping the drawer he had pulled out from beneath the counter. Kitchen utensils scattered along the floor with a clang.

"You.." The Cultist accused, fear spiking enticingly.

The Clown breathed deep and grinned. He, surprisingly, no longer felt the urge to sedate his hunger on the children he had preyed upon for centuries. No, he wanted these Cultists. They were after him, as well as something that had quickly become most precious to him. Without warning, his hand shot out and forcefully gripped the front of Robert's throat, gloved fingers cracking and lengthening as lethal claws sprouted and dug into yielding human flesh.

"Yes. It is I. Pennywise the Dancing Clown." He continued to mock with a shake of his head and a jingle of bells. "You have been a very naughtly boy, Robert, trying to take what is mine." He let go of the balloons with his other hand and they simply floated in the air as if held by unseen hands. With that hand now free, he reached up and tauntingly petted the side of the other man's face. "You will all float. You will decorate our kingdom and I will gladly watch as she feasts on your flesssshh."

The sharp nail of his thumb sliced across the man's throat, cleanly cutting flesh like a sharp knife through butter. Blood spilled, gushing like a waterfall over the front of the Cultist and the Clown. Pennywise's mouth unhinged, opening wide like a snake to devour it's prey. His rows of sharp teeth latched over the wound, enabling the fear tinged blood to pour into his awaiting throat. A deep shudder rolled through him as he fed. It tasted so much better, but the taste of her was his prefered choice. While fear was like a hearty meal, she was the sweet tasting dessert that followed.

He let the man drop like a rag doll at his feet. The sound of the body hitting the floor made a dull thump.

"Robert?" The other man called down from the bedroom he had been ransacking. "Hurry up down there, man. We still have the rest of the house to scope out."