23

*Third Person POV

"She can stay with me," Sweet Pea begged the former serpent. "Just for tonight."

"Please dad," Natalie spoke up clinging onto FP's arm. FP slightly smiled at Natalie's words. Even though growing up he always told Natalie to never call him that, he always felt that it was right, because after all he did raise her. Even though the pair's relationship has been on the rocks for a while now he needed to change that, and he would do whatever it was possible to get her away from Hiram Lodge.

"Okay...okay...okay..." FP sighed and gave in. "But you better keep an eye on her, you hear me boy?" Sweet Pea quickly nodded his head. "And you," he turned to Natalie. "Get some rest. We have to head down to the station tomorrow morning."

"Of course," she agreed.

"Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow," FP ruffled her hair.

"Goodnight," she responded back. "Goodnight Jughead," she waved to the boy she had grown up with. Just like her and FP's relationship, her and Jughead were on the rocks as well. Jughead waved back and followed his dad by walking up his porch stairs.

"Come on," Sweet Pea lazily wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Let's go home," he sighed and turned her around. "It's been a long day," he let Natalie go and kicked up his motorcycle's kickstand and began to slowly push it and walk alongside of it.

"Yeah," Natalie crossed her arms as she felt the cool night breeze and kept walking right alongside Sweet Pea.

The two walked a couple of more feet until they finally reached Sweet Pea's trailer. Sweet Pea parked his motorcycle and began to unlock his trailer.

"I haven't been in this one," Natalie spoke up as soon as she stepped into the trailer. After Riot Night most of the Serpents had fled their homes and had to start up from scratch. Natalie was lucky enough that her trailer was still standing but Sweet Pea on the other hand had to find a newer home.

"I know," Sweet Pea closed the door behind him as he stepped inside. "It's a bit small," he commented. "But it'll do for now."

"It's nice," Natalie spoke up as she took it all in.

"Uhmm," Sweet Pea began to hurriedly take off his clothes from the clothesline he had hanging from one side of the trailer to the other. "You can shower if you want."

"Yeah, okay."

It was different between the two, they weren't at each other's throats this time, and they both took note of it. It almost felt like they were being cautious around each other because of how odd the two were acting towards one another.

*Natalie's POV

I watched as the dirty water hit the shower floor and soon began to turn clear. I had been gone for two days. Trapped in that dark room. I  shook off the thoughts I was having and quickly finished showering. I shut the water off and sighed before opening the curtain and reaching for the towel and getting out.

"Sweet Pea," I yelled out as I realized I had no clothes. There was a soft knock at the door. I opened it and saw Sweet Pea holding out a pile of clothes. "Thank you," I whispered as I grabbed them.

He nodded his head and left as I shut the door. I placed the pile of clothes on the closed toilet lid and began to go through them. Wait... These were mine. I put my clothes on and made my way back out to Sweet Pea.

"I made you some hot chocolate," Sweet Pea held out the mug as he sat on his bed.

"You didn't have to," I walked over to him.

"I was going to make you coffee but FP said you needed to rest and I just thought it would only keep you up."

"Thank you," I smiled at him and brought the mug up to my lips and blew on it. It was quiet as I took a sip from the mug.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," I smiled. "It's just... I think this has been the longest since we've gone without fighting."

"Yeah... I think so." Sweet Pea let out a chuckle and began to get off his bed. "I'm going to shower," he added. "You can just hang out here," he motioned.

"Yeah, okay." I breathed out as he gently passed by me.

"I'll be right out," Sweet Pea spoke up after a few minutes of silence as I watched him gather his clothes to shower.

"I'll be right here," I laughed causing him to smile.

I watched as he silently made his way into bathroom. I placed the mug on the counter and went to go sit on his bed. I let out a yawn and slowly began to lay back and just stared up at the posters he had plastered on the wall. I slowly began to feel my eyes begin to get heavy.

*Sweet Pea's POV

"I love you."

"I love you too. I always have," I told her.

I kept replaying those three little words she had told me a few hours ago.

I finished putting on my clothes and got out of the bathroom.

"Na..." I stopped talking as my phone began to ring and I quickly went to go answer it before it could wake her up.

"Jughead?"

"Uh hey, how's Natalie?"

"She's good," I answered as I turned to look at her. "She's sleeping now."

"Okay good," he sighed.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to tell her that my mom and Jellybean decided to stop by," he told me.

"Oh okay," I replied not knowing what to say.

"It seems like they're going to be staying here for a little while."

"Okay."

"Anyways," Jughead sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow Sweet Pea."

"Alright man, see ya later."

I hung up the phone and went over to Natalie who was sprawled out on my bed sleeping. I gently moved her into one spot, carefully as I tried not to wake her up. I got into bed and grabbed the blanket that was at the foot of the bed and covered her.

"Who was that," she murmured.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"I am," she snuggled up to the blanket with her eyes still closed.

"It was Jughead," I laid my head back on the pillow. "He said his mom is back."

"Hmmm..."

"Yeah."

"Goodnight Sweets," she let out a heavy breath and within a few seconds she was back to sleep.

"Goodnight Princess," I whispered and kissed the top of her head.

A/N: So Natalie and Sweet Pea? What do you think? Obviously the two have never really acted like this towards one another but what do you think? Are they going to start fresh and new or go back to their old ways? What about FP and Natalie? Do you think Natalie could get over the lies and forgive the Jones men for betraying her? What about Hiram Lodge? And let's not forget, Gladys is back home!!!

Comment.... Vote...

Enjoy. x