25

*Natalie's POV

"We haven't done this in a while."

"Yeah, I know."

"It's just like old times..." I stared out to Sweetwater River. "Except it's just you and me this time," I bumped shoulders with Fangs.

Toni, Fangs, and I would cut class and come down to Sweetwater River and just at the bank and just talk.

Those were the old times, when Riverdale wasn't up in utter chaos...

"Yeah," Fangs dusted his hands off. "Toni's changed." So I wasn't the only one who has noticed.

"I was with Jug when you picked me up from Pops," I looked at Fangs and then back at the River. "We were there to talk to Toni," I sighed. "Jug wants her back in with the Serpents."

"I bet," he mumbled. "Our numbers have been low."

"What do you mean," I quickly looked at him.

"Ever since Cheryl and Toni created the Poisons, most of the female serpents joined them."

You've got to be kidding me.

"Natalie since you left," Fangs looked at me hopeless. "The Serpents just hasn't been the same... especially with Jughead as leader now," he added.

"Just add that to the list of my problems," I groaned out.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with the whole Malachai situation, Toni wanting to become leader," I sighed. "Let's not forget Sweet Pea," I added.

A year ago my life was completely fine. How did it get so messy?

"Whatever happened to you and him?"

"Huh?"

"You and Malachai," Fangs tried to search my face for answers. "I mean why go after you?"

"There's a lot you don't know about me Fangs," I answered with my head down. I felt so ashamed that I've kept everything so secret from someone that I basically considered a brother. He was my best friend and it's as if I've been lying to him the whole time.

"Like?"

"I met Malachai a little bit after I joined the Serpents." It was now or never. "I didn't know he was the leader of the ghoulies but I found out shortly after," I couldn't even look Fangs in the face at this point. "We would sneak around, well mostly from the Serpents..."

"So you guys were like dating?" Fangs questioned.

"No or I don't know," I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. "We were just..." I couldn't even explain it. "Together."

"Hmm."

"He never treated me bad until after," I pulled my feet closer to me.

"What do you mean after?"

"After we slept together," Fangs stayed quiet. "He video taped everything and he taped up pictures all over the front doors of the Wyrm," I began to feel my emotions changing. "That's how FP found out."

"I never heard about this." Fangs sat in shock.

"That's because it was early in the morning and the only people that saw was Hog Eye and FP. They kept it all under wraps. Hog Eye burned the pictures."

"Natalie," Fangs tried to grab my attention. "Look at me," he pleaded.

"I screwed up Fangs," I whispered trying to hold back the tears.