thirteen

Omniscient

As soon as Arizona got home, she went to relax in her room to recuperate from a long day. She laid in her bed and watched an episode of Dr Phil with Dollar asleep next to her.

The episode circled around an alleged molestation by an older brother to his sister. It made Arizona uncomfortable, but for some reason she couldn't tear her eyes from the screen. Her breathing was becoming jagged and short, quickly. Grabbing the remote, she switched the channel in an attempt to slow her breathing.

She palmed her face and leaned back into her pillow, sighing.

As soon as she started to relax again, she heard a big crash combined with car horns coming from outside that woke Dollar up from his sleep.

"Fuck!" she shouted, shaken herself.

Dollar began to bark and whine loudly, causing Arizona to have to console him.

"Calm down baby." she scratched behind his ear.

She scooped him up in her arms and carried him to her window, peeling back the blinds to look out of it. From the 8th floor of her building, she could see the pile up of vehicles on the road.

Arizona gasped and laid Dollar on the bed, to pull the blinds back with both hands.

She called her brother to alert him of the crazy traffic that 12th street was about to be on. She called twice, to no avail. His phone sent her straight to voicemail both times.

"Michaellll." she dragged the L in his name. "I don't know what you could possibly be doing that you're not answering my calls but there's an accident on 12th so when you're comin' home pass through Kent Ave. Love you, see you." she hung up the phone, with a horrible feeling in her stomach.

Car accidents were a good way to trigger her PTSD. She sat down and decided to call Amber, who owed her a filling in.

"Helloooo." She sang into the phone.

Arizona stale faced her.

"Sooo you and Santanna? Bounce back game strong I see. Spill the deets." she said, trying to conceal her facial expressions.

"Well..." she started, her tongue poking her cheek. "Last night after I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep. It felt wrong to go to sleep with him mad at me. I had to text him."

"Did you tho...?" Arizona cringed.

"Don't do that." Amber poked her lip out.

"What?"

"You're being judgey."

"No I'm not. Continue the story."

"We talked . He never cheated on me."

"Oh..."Arizona nodded her head, unable to find a response for what she just heard. "Hold up someone's on the other line."

She hung up the phone, shoving it in her back pocket. Nobody was calling, she just needed a reason to hang up the phone. She could see that Amber was set in her ways.

Maybe he isn't even cheating. She thought.

She jogged downstairs, yanking back the curtains to be nosy again. There were smoking cars, ambulances, and cops everywhere. It was about 7 o clock in the evening, so all this commotion was causing more of a scene right now than it would've if the day.

She decided to give Michael another call that was once again left unanswered.

"Mike please when you get this call me back? Please."