"Yeah well she wouldn't have a problem doing that." I say as I continued to stare. Tim looks up and notices me staring. He says something to Kim making her turn around. She waves me over making me and Iyan look at each other.

"At least we know she doesn't hate you." She said.

"I mean, she never did. We just don't talk. Here goes nothing." I say. I walk across the parking lot towards them.

"Hey." I say once I get close.

"Hey sis, I didn't see you today." She smiles.

"Me neither." I curl up my lips into my mouth. I glance at Tim and just smiled.

"You need anything?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, you have any money with you?"

"What for?" I frowned. So this is why she called me over.

"Somebody here forgot his wallet at home and we need some gas money." She rolled her eyes at Tim.

"You don't have money?" I asked her.

"I mean yeah but it's not enough." She shrugged. I debated whether I should or shouldn't give her money. I look at them both and hesitated.

"How much?" I saw the sigh of relief in her face and she smiled.

"Just 40 bucks."

"I only have 20."

"That'll do." She shrugged. I dip in my bag and pulled the money out my wallet. I look at Tim trying to read his facial expression through his sun glass. I handed her the bill.

"Thanks Des, I promise I'll pay you back when I get the chance. We gotta go now, see you at home. " She waved and got in the car with Tim. I watched them drive off and made my way back to Iyan.

"Did she seriously call you over just for money?" She said.

"Yup."

"Wow, for what anyways?" She asked.

"She said for gas but I only gave them what I had."

"I doubt it was for gas. Anyways ready to go?" She asked and I nodded. I reached in my bag pocket to pull out my phone. When I felt nothing I stopped my tracks.

"What is it?" Iyan asked as she noticed I wasn't walking.

"My phone, I think I left it in my locker." I said as I looked through my bag.

"Seriously Des?" She groaned throwing her head back.

"Yeah, here I'm just gonna go get it." I tossed her my keys.

"Hurry or else I'll take your car and leave without you!" She yelled as I ran back into the school.

I ran up the long stairs and down the hall. I quickly did my lock combination and swung it open. I patted on top and felt relief when the cold screen touch my fingers. I grabbed it and dropped it in my bag.

"Thought I lost you." I breathed. I shut my locker and ran down the hall. As soon as I was around to open the stair door, it flew open making me jerk back and fall backwards.

"Ouch." I held my head where I banged it.

"Uh you okay?" I look down seeing two pairs of black sneakers. My eyes move up to see this guy looking down at me. I stood up and nodded keeping my eyes on him.

He observed my face in a way that he hoped I wasn't hurt. Then all the sudden his face changed. The concern in his big hazels eyes left. Or green eyes? Whatever the color was.