18.

ELLIE'S POV

I release a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding as I place the phone down on my dorm room desk. I close my eyes fighting the tears trying to spill over.

I will not cry over him I tell myself not anymore.

I reopen my eyes and glance over at my new roommate.

"You all good, El?" She asks, her eyebrow raised at me and eyes full of curiosity. She's a sweet girl really. In the few hours I'd gotten to know her she'd proved to be nothing but nice, even offering to help me with my bags and allowing me choice of the room sides when I'd arrived. As she looks at me now she brushes away stray pieces of her long blonde hair revealing blue eyes and a concerned smile.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just an unexpected phone call."

"You called the person on the phone Harry." She's not asking, merely stating a fact. "It was him, wasn't it?"

I furrow my eyebrows, my eyes no doubt full of questions as I stare back at the girl I'd only met a few hours ago.

"I googled your name when we got our rooming assignments." She states with a shrug of her shoulders.

I nod but don't reply, unsure of what to say as my mind is still reeling with everything he'd said on the phone.

"Yeah" I finally offer "Yeah it was him."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really. I'm still so confused with what we are...what we were..." I stop as my thoughts again consume me.

Charlotte, Charlie as she'd told me to call her is quiet then, allowing me to process my thoughts and compose myself. I'd known the girl for only hours but I'd known the minute I'd met her we would be fast friends. I silently thanked whoever had paired our profiles together knowing that this new city would have been somehow even more overwhelming if I'd been given a crap roommate.

"Charlie..." I call, finally breaking my silence, "do you have plans for tomorrow yet?"

She drags her eyes away from her magazine meeting mine "just need to grab a few things before classes start but I don't have anything for tomorrow night, no."

"Would you like to go with me to a concert?"

If she says yes, I'll go. If she says no, I won't.

"What are you wearing tonight?" Charlie asks as she rifles through her suitcase. We've only been in the dorms a day now so almost all of our things are still packed.

"I don't know" I reply honestly. I hadn't given my outfit much thought choosing instead to focus all of my attention on the green eyed boy and his intentions with inviting me.

"Do you think this is all right?" She appears from our shared bathroom in a black faux leather mini skirt paired with a tucked in white graphic tee. Black boots with cutouts and a chunky heel complete her look.

"Ugh that's perfect." I sigh glancing at my own clothes. "I've got nothing remotely cool enough to wear. Everything says 'trying to hard' or 'homeless person' nothing says 'you really should have called you dick'"

"What happened?" She questions then follows quickly "I don't mean to pry, I know we've just met. But I need to know if you're going for 'fuck you' or 'fuck me'."

I bite my lip softly, questioning how much of my story, our story, I should share with her. I sigh after a moment, deciding the best explanation is simply the truth.