One

Rewriting as of October 2020

Intro:
Some time ago, in a realm known as Auradon, lived the legacies of Queen Belle and King Adam. Their names were Prince Benjamin, or as he preferred, Ben, Princess Bree, and Prince Blake. They were some of the most kind and caring rulers the realm ever had. They found themselves lucky to have people like Blake and Ben first in line for ruling over the people. They thought about and considered everybody, even the ones nobody thought were worth thinking about.

At some point, within the year prior to Blake's royal celebration, where he would be crowned, he made his first decree. He needed to give the offspring of the lowlifes his dad had deserted to the isle of the lost, an equivalent possibility in Auradon.

His was able to pick three a few months ago, they had blended in just fine and he didn't really remember half of them but he did know Mori, the eldest daughter of Maleficent. She had become a constant part of his life, his girlfriend, and he knew how badly she wanted her sister there with her.

Thus he welcomed four more of the thought to be scoundrel children to Auradon Prep. Mal, the youngest daughter of Maleficent; Jay, son of Jafar; Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil; and Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen. Most individuals just like you and me, figured they would be very much the same as their folks; underhanded, awful, and merciless. In any case, Ben and Blake were persuaded that even the individuals who were raised to be lowlifes by the worst of the worst had a decent heart and he was right about that.

Heck, they both ended up falling madly in love with some.

It accompanied many battles, yet they discovered their place in Auradon too. They even helped begin the new legacies.

This may seem like your normal fairytale but I seek to tell you it's not, not everything is as perfect as what you you've heard. Not everything is all parties, balls, and romantic nights with your lover. It may have a happily ever after but that's after the countless turns of anger, fear, happiness, sadness, love, and heartbreak.

This is the love story of the most unlikely pairs the kingdom of Auradon had ever heard.

Let me tell you the story, from the beginning.

✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✬ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫

It was a terribly blustery night the night our story begins. Ben was in his dorm room, doing some school work at his desk, he couldn't focus any longer this late in the evening. It would normally be the time he would sit at his desk pushing himself to finish the last assignment so he could go eat a decent meal for supper.

Mal laid against the backboard of her bed, she watched Evie model the several new outfits they had bought earlier that day. She tried to cool herself off after her steamy fight with her older sister. Her cheeks were still red and her face hot.

His quarters were on the ground floor of the campus and he had an entryway that promptly lead to the huge school garden. He set his pencil down on top of his chemistry textbook and decided he had done what's necessary for today.

Her dorm was on the second floor of the campus. She had a balcony that showed off the amazing view of the city. She would usually sit out there and write more of her novel. It was underestimated how educated villain kids really were. Deep down it was her dream to share her stories with the world.

Audrey, his girlfriend, would usually drop by around this time for a little talk. But instead, she was staying at her folks château for a couple of days for a festival celebration that was held in her realm every year, on the same exact week during this month as if it were clockwork.

Jay and Carlos would normally stop by at this hour so they could all catch up on what had been happening in their daily lives because they were given four completely different schedules, manicured to the tastes of each and every one of them. Yet today, they were both invited to Charlie's dorm. Something most of the "popular" guys on campus would go to.

Yet, next week she would be returning again. Ben and Audrey had been together since before they could even talk. Their folks needed them to be and they never truly considered breaking up. When they were little children they resembled closest companions; playing and having a great time together. Yet, as they grew older they changed. Audrey turned out to be increasingly more one of those mainstream, childish, narrow-minded, egotistical, presumptuous bitches and Ben was more similar to the inverse of her.

Mal never really acknowledged how much she missed hanging out as a whole group with their other Isle friends every day. It was a feeling she was told not to feel. She was supposed to be too strong to feel any weakness. The group used to do their school and then go to the Diner for Burgers and Shakes.

Within the previous few years, he began pondering it and sooner or later acknowledged he didn't really cherish and love her like he did when they were merely children. He never did after he realized how she changed a great deal in these past couple of years. She used to be a truly sweet child however as she developed more she changed in a way that repulsed him. So, he wouldn't fret having the night all to himself to simply consider that, and what he really wanted, yet he actually felt a little alone.

She took it as her only time away from her sister. When they were together they were always fighting over something, even if it was super unimportant to them. Now that they were forced to share a dorm until some other girl Mal could barely remember the name of finished moving out at the end of the quarter.

Since he became ruler he had been so busy and everything was so chaotic he wished things would back to the way they were before he was crowned, his father revealed to him that it was only because he was the new lord and following a couple of months it would calm down.

Since she moved to Auradon everything seemed to have gotten worse in her eyes. She wanted to be back on the Isle with no rules, no one telling you you're being too mean. She wanted her freedom back, her freedom to get away from Mori however much she pleased. She preferred being alone rather than with people anyways, no matter how much she liked being around her friends. She liked to focus on her writing or her art without any distractions. The only benefit she found here was that they had many more unique tools to help her become better at those skills. "Mal..." Evie snapped her fingers in front of her friends face, "You zoned out."