CHAPTER 29: Loѕт

~ "Doubt kills more dreams than failures ever will." ~

"Wait!" A very familiar female voice shouted from behind me. Please, why did you let her come here? She's just going to stop me again. I know that girl. She loves me too much to let go.

Briefly, a hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me aside before I could take any more steps towards the boarding area. It occurred to me that the person would be the reason for my delay. I sighed and turned around to glare at the girl that was stalling me. The person only made my mouth collapse.

"Why are you here? How did you even get here?" I shot out of my mouth bitterly towards the other girl. I don't want to be a burden for her. This was why I was pushing her away. It's for the best if she doesn't have anything to do with me.

"Don't you dare leave me, Diana Marilee Patio!" Rochell spat out, tears filling her eyes but await to come out. She was still gripping on to my wrist. Ugh. I hate seeing her cry and that I'm the reason she's crying.

"Not now, Chellie. I have to go." I tried to wiggle out of her grasp, but only to fail under the tightness of Rochell's hold. I was still stronger so I managed to succeed after a few tries. But, I didn't want to hurt her. I'm still a vampire not by choice.

Our silence except for the sound of the chatter in the airport was interrupted by my phone vibrating while playing the tone Shake it off by Taylor Swift. I glanced at Rochell and took my phone to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, sweetie. Uhm...it's Jason."

My dad's friend also Kaye's father was calling me at this time? For what?

"Oh. Hi, Uncle Jay. What's up?"

At first, there was a second of quietness. But, my uncle cleared his throat before answering my question.

"It's your father, Diana." My dad? What abot my dad?

"W-What about my dad? Is he alright?"

"I'm afraid not, hun. I'm sorry, but, your father was murdered three days ago."

What? Murdered? No, that isn't true! My daddy is NOT dead! He can't be! He can't just leave me like this! NO!

"H-Huh? B-By who?"

My voice was shaky. My voice and my insides were cracking. My uncle must be playing a joke with me. Kaye must've told him my behavior and wanted to teach me a lesson. Probably that was the reason that my Uncle Jason was telling me this.

"V-Vampires," Jason replied.

I zoned out. My mouth gaped and my eyes went to the size of tennis balls. I dropped my phone. It felt like a bullet just went straight through my clothing or a giant bear ripped me apart. I lost it. I had finally lost everything in the world that meant anything to me. My best friends, Chellie, and my father.

I lost my daddy.

I lost my father. The man who raised me since I was a little baby. The man who gave me everything I wanted and taught me so much. The man who supported me when I told him I was a lesbian and fell madly in love with another girl. The man who loved me dearly. My father.

I had nothing now. What was I to do now that everything and everyone important was gone? There was nothing left for me now. I was completely alone.

I broke down to the floor, head in hands, and sobbed. I kneeled on the floor and cried my hardest. Rochell knelt down to me and wrapped her arms around me, trying to soothe me. Whispering words of love that would calm me down and successfully did.

"I love you."

"I love you more, Dee." Rochell kissed the top of my head and I could imagine her smiling at me, trying to comfort me in the best way she could. I didn't want her to say that things were going to get better, because they never did. It just turns okay, then something happens that breaks me even more.

"P-P-Please...don't leave me, Chellie." I can't afford to lose this beautiful girl in front of me. I know I'm being selfish when I say this, but I need her. I need her in my life and I just won't live without her. I want to grow old with her and die if that's possible since I'm a vampire. But, if she dies, then I die with her. I love this girl to the moon and back.

"Never." Rochell ran her hand through my hair, comforting me. I was blushing again without even knowing it.

We both jolted from the floor and noticed that some people were staring at the melancholy scene. I had almost forgotten that my flight was boarding. I already had my bags packed and everything. What was stopping me? Rochell.

"You're not still going to Boston are you?" Chellie held on tight to my shoulders and stared deep into my eyes, trying to look for an honest or the answer Rochell wanted to hear.

"I have to."

"No, you don't. You just want to leave me." That broke me.

"That's not true."

"Then, what is it?" Rochell half yelled at me in the giant, echoey airport. I don't want her to yell right now.

"I just don't want to live like this anymore. So, I'm starting college life early than usual."

My eyes softened at my girlfriend. I came closer and held both her hands. With a soft tone for Rochell to hear clearly, I murmured to the other girl.

"Come with me, Chellie."

"You mean like go to the same college as you?"

"Yeah."

"But, I was planning on going to London U. already sent my application to them and everything."

"Do you want to come with me, Chellie?"

"I....I..."

"Do you?" I raised a curious brow at my girlfriend.

Rochell only bashfully smiled at me and inched in closer to lovingly kiss me. The flight attendant spoke into the microphone warning that it was a last call Flight 201 to Boston so everyone going there had to board the plane now.

She helped me with some baggage while holding on to her right hand and slightly squeezing it from time to time. We walked towards the boarding area. Taking our arranged seats and relaxing down for a breathe, I glanced over to Rochell and kissed her on the cheek.

"What do you want?" Rochell asked. Aww. She was pouting. She looked kid of adorable when she's sad.

"I love you." I grinned.

"Yes. I know you do."

"What are our plans when we get there?" Rochell asked, taking out her phone and texting.

"Like I said, we just get straight to the university and settle in. Surely someone will be there to help us, right?"

"Right!" Rochell smiled back.

I kissed Chellie on the forehead. Pushing my sunglasses further up the tip of my nose, I pushed back my seat to soothe myself. This was going to be a long right.

Receiving a complimentary big cookie from a flight attendant, Rochell could tell that the stuardess was eyeing at me. Even I could see it. She growled lowly at the young woman and grabbed my hand while giving me a quick kiss on the lips. The flight attendant gave Rochell a weird look and walked away to another passenger instead.

Woah. Chellie actually the jealous type? I had no idea.

"We should get lost more often," I chuckled at my own joke, looking at Chellie pouting. Like always, she looked adorable as heck.

"Yeah, we should."