CHAPTER 3: Swєєт Trєαтѕ

~ "It isn't called stalking, I am not some creepy guy spying on a teenage girl. I prefer 'checking up on my boss' daughter because he said so.' " ~

A shooting pain was on the back of my neck, a feeling so strong it it felt like I was going to die. But, I was just over-exaggerating the minor nuisance. My eyes shot open, my body flying up and stretching around.

My thoroughly exhausted body lifted myself from the mattress as my restless figure viewed my morning look in the mirror. I groaned in frustration, walking to the comfort room. While I was in there, the smell of fresh breakfast disgusted me, since I was in the bathroom.

Zipping and going to the kitchen, sitting on my normal dining chair, meaty bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, and sausages were scattered around the countertop like an All you Can Eat buffet! The bottle of maple syrup was the highlight to any breakfast meal I would eat.

If the pancakes had melted butter on top with a flippin' strawberry, then that would be the perfect breakfast in breakfast history! I was almost drooling over the sight.

"Geez, Hanna, what's the occasion?"

While I glanced up at the maid, behind her was the small window with a mysterious man standing outside, peeking through the glass. His eyes were a dark reddish brown color and he had on a silk black robe with a hoodie over his head similar to a monk. It was giving me the creeps.

My mouth slightly opened and speechless, I asked her, "Uhm, Hanna. Did the gardener come in, today?"

I poked the sausage and swallowed it as I looked through the window to see that the silhouetted man was gone. Strange. It made me really uncomfortable to see him standing there with his good down in the early morning.

"No, sweetie, he hasn't arrived yet." She was finished cleaning up and hung up her apron that titled "Salute the Chef."

I giggled and saluted her. I finished up my meal so I could stop by Kaye's house. Continuing to drink my Arizona tea, I could hear footsteps walk down the stairs. The smell of a cup of black coffee added up to the glorious smell of food in the kitchen and living room.

"What's for breakfast, Hanna?"

That deep and calm voice. I grew up to know that voice my whole life. I spun around in my swivel chair and ran towards him.
"Dad! You're home!"

My father sipped on his coffee and glances my way as I ran towards him. He acted like he was not at all happy to see me after being away. Even if my dad was away for a day, I'd still be hoping glad to see him come home after. He's in the army so it's rare of him coming home. He just usually contacts me from the base.

"Hello, princess. How have you been?" He lifted me up, chuckling wholeheartedly.

I giggled along with him, but his arms went a bit lower to my bandaged bruise and I wince slightly and immediately touched the floor. He let go of me placed his ands on my shoulders, taking a look at me.

I did my best to put on a smile for him. "I've never been better, Dad. How is Uncle Jay?"

"Good. Good. Everything is still A-okay, pumpkin. The country is still safe and sound." He chuckled, pushing his glasses up.

"That's great to hear, Dad. I've missed you. But, hey, can I go visit Kaye for today?"

"Why sure, pumpkin. Be back around 6 if you can. Alright?" He gave me a serious yet playful look.

Giggling, I nodded my head. "Of course, Dad." I kissed his cheek.
The time on my phone stated it was 10:52 in the morning. Knowing that it was Sunday and my friend's day off from Starbucks, I might just swing by to see what Kaye was up to.