4. "You fell asleep you Goof."

-2 weeks later-

*JASS*

"JAAAASSSSS..." the boys jumped up and down on my bed. I grumbled and promptly tripped them by grabbing their ankles mid-jump, causing Alan to fall to the floor and Austin to fall on top of my legs.

Austin was staying here because my dad extended their trip another 2 weeks, not like he would have a problem with him here at all anyways.. and Alan.. well, he comes and goes as he pleases.

Alan joined our 'pack' in third grade when he moved to Florida from California. So from the get-go we were all kind of inseparable. The past 2 weeks have been rough for Austin.. I stayed the night with him in my bed the majority of the time since he would come into my room and stay with me if he couldn't sleep, the past few nights he had been on his own though in the guest bedroom, fortunately and unfortunately.

"Whaaattt.." I growled. Pushing my hair out of my face glowering at the red-headed boy on the ground.

"it is currently 6:45.. and school starts in 20 minutes." Alan stated matter of factly from his spot on the ground. I shot up "Fuck!" I yelled, running into my closet and slid on a grey Glamour Kills tank, teal Bandeau underneath the low cut muscle tank and black laddered skinny jeans with my teal vans. Throwing my hair into an attractive messy bun and fastened a white bow around it. Flicking on wings on my eyeliner and added a smokey eye rub quickly before grabbing my back pack. And ran back out the bathroom door, to see my two best friends in a fit of laughter in the hallway.

"Whats So funny!?" I asked, my hands on my hips.

"its only 5:30... we lied." Alan laughed, pointing to my alarm clock which stated 5:39 am.

"I'm Going back to bed!" I yelled, storming back over to my bed.

"or we can go to Denny's for breakfast." Austin suggested with pleading eyes, tugging on my shirt and stopping me from walking back into my bedroom. I immediately agreed.

Today was Austin's first day back since his Dad passed... yes. it took 2 weeks to get him to agree to come back to school. Alan even convinced the coach to allow his spot on the baseball team to remain as starting Pitcher, while I agreed with his teachers to kept him updated on the homework. We had a month left in this hell-hole of a high school then it was summer... which also means we graduate in 4 weeks.

We all headed into the Denny's sitting in our normal horse-shoe booth in the corner. Alan on one side of me, Austin on the other side of me. The entire time we were sitting there, talking about random topics Austin was so quiet i'm sure you could have heard a pin drop on a tin roof.

"Whats going on Austin?" I asked, nudging his shoulder as I took a bite of my hash browns. He shook his head and sighed, dropping his shoulders as he played with his eggs "i just.. I don't know.." he looked over at me sadly. I gave him a side hug "We've got ya." I nodded smiling "like I said.. i'm here to help you get through it.. no matter how long it takes." "MEEF TOOF!" Alan yelled while his mouth was full of pancakes and downing syrup straight out of the bottle. "Alan toof" I mocked crossing my eyes and laughing, causing Austin to chuckle. "Thanks guys"

"no problem Amigo, now lets get a move on or we will be late!" Alan announced, standing up while still finishing his pancake

I took Austin's hand reassuringly and smiled. He returned it and nodded. Sliding out the door for the Diner and walked to school like that.

Hand-in-hand.

*AUSTIN*

People are staring.

I can hear then talk about me through their clenched teeth and fake smiles.

Im just the boy who lost his mom.. and pathetic enough to be left by his dad.