𝟬𝟱𝟲 more than friends ➝ d.wayne

lvi. more than friends!!

❝ I'm going to ruin our friendship

I'm going to ruin
our friendship.

AMUSEMENT PARKS WERE the best. They were even better when you could enjoy them with probably one of your best friends, damian wayne. The two of you spent the day going on different rides, with you clinging on to his arm and giving out gleeful screams when the roller coaster would drop, laughing about how terrible you were at the games and blushing when damian would effortlessly win you a prize. You shared a frozen dessert with him and you made fun of him when he got ice cream on his nose which led to him booping you on your own nose with the cone. You had to ignore the nervous flutter in your stomach you got when he licked the cream off your nose. There was no need to be nervous around him. He was your best friend and the day was going wonderfully. Until it wasn't.

The two of you were shouting and laughing while you ran away from some clowns that were trying to show you some horrendous trick. Neither of you were scared of clowns but it was exciting to pretend that you were.

Your adrenaline became you and you let out a squeal when you saw a pal from middle school, [friends name] , strolling by with people you didn't recognize.

"Well, look who it is!" You sprinted at him, giving him a wide smile before throwing your arms around the young silver haired man. " [friends name]! I've missed you!"

"Y/N L/N?!" He accepted your hug, twirling you around in doing so. "Oh my god, look at you!"

The two of you shared a moment of wild bewilderment while you were vibrating slightly because of how excited you were from the day's events and slightly because you had no output for your adrenaline. He searched your face for any indication of change since middle school before he smiled and said, "wow," and his hands slipped down to your waist. damian cleared his throat and [friends name] finally took note of your company. You weren't sure but you thought you saw damian's eyes narrow on friends name's] hand on your hip.

You hopped back to damian's side. "'dami this is [friends name] , a friend I haven't seen in like three and a half years!"

[friends name] held out his hand. "dami?"

damian took it. "damian," he flatly replied. "who are you again?"

"It's, uh, [friends name]," he laughed, "nice to meet you!"

An elongated pause was spent with you looking back and forth at your friends, trying to understand the strange tension you felt between them. Awkward silences were not your forté especially around people that you actually knew. You spoke up.

"[friends name] and I had homeroom together every year in middle school! He'd always pick on me!"

"Aha! I knew you were gonna bring that up!" He gave your shoulder a push and damian took a weird, oddly territorial step closer to you so the back of your shoulder brushed against his. "I only acted that way because I had a crush on you! I liked the way your face would scrunch up when you got mad."