𝟬𝟯𝟬 pool games ➝ j.todd

xxx. pool games!!

❝ The girl of my dreams

The girl of my
dreams.

Gotham bar was not your idea of a good time. You don't care for the bar atmosphere and you don't care for silly boys and their pool games. However, here you are standing in front of Jason as he holds the pool stick in his hand smirking at you.

"Look Miss, you want to finish that project tonight you got to beat me at pool. And I never lose at pool."

You heave a heavy sigh in annoyance, you were paired up with the Jason for your English Lit class and he's made getting your project finished a living nightmare.

"Why do you have to give me a hard time? It's just as much your grade as it is mine."

"Look I don't need some Princess to get good grades, okay?"

"We are partners Jason! I haven't given you any reason to not work with me! Why are you being such a dick!"

"You're in my house now Dollface, you're going to have to play by my rules. And my rules say that if I'm going to spend my night working on some project with the teacher's pet, it's going to be because I lost at pool."

"Fine," you huff, "If I win we're working on the project and if you win I'll leave you alone."

"Deal," he says with a cocky grin.

You walk over to the stand on the wall and find a Pool Stick that suits your needs while Jason racks the balls.

"You know what you're doing Princess?" he asks as he glances back at you.

"Enough," you say flippantly.

His confident smirk says it all, he doesn't think the can lose.

"I'll be nice and let you break."

"How gentlemanly of you..." you mutter with a roll of your eyes as you walk to the head of table. You line up your shot and break the balls and watch in satisfaction as the a solid yellow goes into the pocket.

"Alright now you are-"

"I know," you interrupt flatly not taking your eyes from the table. Walking around to the right you line up your next shot.

"Five in the corner pocket."

You hear Jason snort in amusement as he stands with his arms crossed the side.

After you take the shot and the ball rolls seamlessly into the corner pocket you start to line up your next one. The two of you go back and forth for several turns but it becomes obvious who the winner would be. At this time, many other Jason have lined up around the perimeter of the table in fascination and amusement to watch the great Jason get beat by some 'Princess'.

The best part is that Jason's obvious taunts and jeers are not affecting you at all, whereas ignoring him seems to be getting him all the more riled up. You use this to your advantage and Jason's can barely believe his eyes when you pocket the 8 ball without even batting an eyelash.

The look you give Jason is almost bored as you turn to him, "Can we work on the project now?"

"HOW did you do that?!"

"Like you don't know that pool is geometry..."

"Yeah... but how did YOU do it?!"

"You are not the only person who can play pool you know."

"But you're-"

"What? A Princess?'" you scoff, "Let's pretend for 5 minutes I'm a person like you, with a life and interests and everything, and not the idea of me you have in your head. Which, by the way, is clearly wrong..."

Jason is speechless as he looks at you for a moment before he nods in agreement and puts his pools stick back in the rack.

"Are you ready to go now?"

"I'm not sure... maybe going with you isn't the best idea... I used to think I knew who you were, princess, but I'm not so sure anymore." You can see the grin on his face when he says this.

"Tell you what," you offer with a smile, "if you're a good boy, I'll let you buy me a milkshake and we can get to know each other better."

"And if I'm a bad boy?"

"I'll let you buy me a milkshake and take me for a ride on your bike."

"You maybe the girl of my dreams."

With a wink, you grab his hand and lead him out the door, saying, "One can only hope to be that lucky." As you climb onto the back of Jason's bike and ride off into the night, your project is long forgotten.