"What are mates? Cause we aren't friends, and I don't understand why that would even come between you and your girlfriend." I asked
He choked on his drink a little before replying "it's nothing." He stated.
"It's something if you and your girlfriend argued about it."
"She's not my girlfriend." He said loudly.
"Okay but still, what are mates?"
"Fine, you really want to know?"
I nodded

"Okay, mates are soulmates, the one person you're supposed to be with forever. The person you were made for. You can tell who your mate is by the sparks you feel when you touch them. The more you're around your mate the stronger the bond gets. To complete the bond both mates must mark each other. Once it's completed you can read each other's thoughts and sense their presence. If the bond is established and a mate cheats it causes the  other one pain." He explained.

So that's why it hurt so much last night. He knew it would hurt me and he did it anyway. He doesn't care about me, he doesn't care about anyone but himself. I started to back away as he approached me.

"You hurt me."
"I know"
"How do you reject a mate?"
He turned to me with a furious look. "You will not reject me, I made a mistake it won't happen again. You don't understand I don't do relationships I haven't for centuries. I started to feel for you and got scared."
He said coming towards me. I Backed up till I hit a wall.
"I promise it won't happen again"
"How do I know that you'll keep it?"
"I guess you'll just have to trust me."
"Yah, cause that's gone great for me so far." I said sarcastically.

He smiled brought his hand up to my cheek brushing his knuckles against it. I felt sparks spread across my cheek as I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch. I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful smile ever. I've never seen him smile. I smile back looking up at him. He looked at me confused.
"What?" He said softly.
"Nothing I've just never seen you smile before." I said brushing my fingertips across his lips. " I like it." That made him smile again.

He started to lean in, my eyes went wide and a little panicked. I've never kissed anyone before but when his lips met mine all the worry went away. I melted into his arms slowly bringing my hands to his hair as he deepened the kiss. I felt sparks all over it was like I was floating. He pulled away and stared into my brown eyes like he was searching for something. I smiled up at him, he smiled even bigger than before. I felt so bubbly now. When he started to walk back to his desk I started to feel dizzy. I lost my balance and leaned forward reaching for one of the chairs but missed. As I fell to the floor Xavier was there in a flash and caught me.

He held my head up and said "we need to get you blood now."

I shook my head no but he picked me up and carried me to my bed. He got to his phone and called someone. A minute later a maid came in. She sat on the bed next to me and put her wrist up to my mouth. I hesitantly looked up at Xavier, he nodded his head. I bit into her arm, instantly my throat felt like it was on fire. I pushed her wrist away. I felt bile rise in the throat I turned my head and reached for the trash can throwing up the blood in the bin. Xavier rushed to me. I felt worse than before I closed my eyes and fell into the darkness. When I woke up I heard talking.

"Why can't she keep the blood down? She's going to die." Xavier said
"Well maybe she just can't keep human blood down. She didn't throw up your blood did she?" The doctor from before said.
"No, she didn't throw it up."
"Try again then."

I heard them come through the door. Xavier touched my shoulder a shook it lightly. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He put his wrist to my mouth but I shook my head.

"You have to it's your only chance. Please I only just got you I can't lose you."
I looked up once more before biting down on his wrist. It tasted as amazing as before, almost addictive. After a while I felt him start to pull away but I held him in place. However he pulled me off.

"That's enough for now. Go ahead a rest more, I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded my head too tired to talk. I leaned back and fell back asleep.

~~~

A/N
So they had their first kiss. Not sure if she let him off the hook to easy or not. Anyone think Xavier will mess it up again? Let me know.

~ Sadie 🖤

1592 words

1592 words