Analysis Eighteen

Levi had been driving in Eren's car for about forty minutes and was heading back to the brunette's family home. He had found out that the brunette had the girl living there with him since he had killed her brother, Thomas. However, no matter how much he tried in shaking the thought away, Levi kept remembering Eren's distressed expression as the raven ran from him. It wasn't like him to feel anything but it seemed like he was as slowly regaining his empathy.

The raven had reached the house and parked in the driveway, turning the car off and resting his head on the steering wheel.

" What am I doing? I want him all to myself yet I have to break his heart before that can happen... What is wrong with me?!" Levi hissed as he hit his head against the window and looked out.

As he was staring out the window, he noticed a familiar figure walking towards the house he was at. When the figure got closer, Levi saw that the person walking towards the house was Eren. However, the brunette held himself closely and had his sight only on his feet. Levi rolled his eyes and sighed, and got out of the car. Doing so caused the brunette to look up and stop dead set in his tracks.

Eren heard the sound of a car door closing shut and when he looked up he felt a sudden rush of adrenaline. His eyes were wide with the realization that who he saw was indeed there. Then the raven started walking towards him in slow strides, causing tremendous amounts of fear to roll down Eren's spine. When Levi was directly in front of him, the brunette looking directly into the raven's eyes, he took one step back. Before the brunette could try to get away, the raven grabbed a hold of him, but this only confused the brunette.

' He's... hugging me?... But why? ' Eren thought.

" ... Levi?..."

" Eren... I don't know what's wrong with me right now... There's a part of me that wants to just kill anyone who's next to you but then there's another part of me who wants to cherish you so very much.... Even right now I don't know which one is talking to you..."

The brunette was dumbfounded by this sudden change of character, and he knew he shouldn't let his guard down, but he couldn't help but embrace the raven to console him if only for a bit. In a way, Eren himself was in the same situation. Before he helped Levi escape, the brunette had started feeling envious of the raven having the freedom he had that the brunette didn't. It was as if Eren wanted to follow Levi the ends of the Earth, no matter what path he chose.

" Levi... I know what you'll say but hear me out. Before I helped you get out of that hospital, I was starting to hate the way I lived and when I found out you were the one killing my friends... I didn't feel any emotion close to anger... I felt envious..."

" Why's that? I'm a killer... What's there to be envious about?"

" The freedom you have. You're like a bird who can fly freely, and if you're really good, even the law can't pin you down and throw you into a cage." Eren tightened his hold before continuing, " I've never felt that freedom, not with the life I have now... however." The brunette then removed himself from the raven and held him by the shoulders, " That doesn't mean I'll hurt anyone I love or care about just to obtain and maintain that freedom... I'm sure you regret what happened with Mikasa, and even though I wasn't the one who did it, I regret it too."

" Why's that?"

" Because I couldn't do anything when she was right next to me... it was like I had gotten rid of an obstacle after she died, as I had felt no remorse."

" Are you saying you wanted her killed, or that you wanted to be the one to kill her?"

Eren held his tongue. He couldn't give Levi the answer to that right now, not until he was sure the raven could change. Even if he couldn't, the brunette would try to have the raven regain his empathy. Even if it meant leaping into the darkness from which he couldn't return. Eren slid his hands down Levi's arms and walked past him to get to the front door of the family house. The brunette knew that his father would already be at work and Mina would probably be at school, so it would just be him, his mother, and Levi. The brunette assumed that the raven was concerned about what he was doing so he explained as he unlocked and opened the front door.

" My Dad is at work and Mina will be at school by now, so it'll be us and my mother until she leaves for work in about twenty minutes."

" Whatever, let's just get inside."

Levi walked up to the front door and went inside the Jaeger family house, Eren following soon after.

After the two men took their shoes off, Eren led the way to his room upstairs before his mother could see them. Even though she was busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast, Eren didn't want to risk her hearing them. Once they were in the brunette's room, Levi flopped down onto the bed and sighed from exhaustion.

" Right then, I have to see my mother down stairs and eat breakfast with her so don't make any noises up here until I come back."

" What about my breakfast jerk?"

" Watch it, or else. I was going to bring it once I come back up."

Levi nodded and heard Eren leave the room. Once he was sure the brunette was downstairs, the raven carefully walked around the room looking through different notebooks and reading books.

" He sure does take German seriously..." Levi muttered.

As he was searching through the brunette's notebooks, Levi noticed a book that seemed to be out of place seeing that Eren was so organized. He pulled the book out and saw that it was a year book from their freshmen year. The raven opened the book and flipped through the pages until he found one photo that he though he'd never see again. In the photo were of himself, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Farlan, and Isabelle. Unpleasant memories swept up into Levi's mind so he quickly closed the book and put it back on the shelf. After that he didn't bother in checking anything else, so he waited on the bed for the brunette to return.

AN: Sup, I don't really have much to say since I'm getting tired so I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one!!!

...To Be Continued...