32 | You're Really Cute, Did You Know That?

Start from the beginning

"A week or so after I found out about getting the Broadway role. I barely made the deadline, but fingers crossed, I'm hoping that I hear back from them within the next couple of days."

"Wow," I breathed in astonishment. "You know, I have a feeling you're gonna get in, Stacey."

"What makes you say that?" asked Stacey as she took a sip of her latte, staring at me as she waited for an answer.

"If you're able to land a role in a Broadway production, there's a very high chance you'll get into NYU. I just know you're gonna get in," I said with confidence. "If they don't accept you, then they'd lose one of the best dancers that would've ever graduated from there."

She chuckled lightly, "Thanks for the confidence booster."

Two defined arms suddenly wrapped around my shoulders and squeezed me into a tight hug, taking me by surprise.

"Hey," He whispered in my ear before placing a quick kiss on my cheek, instantly putting a smile on my face. Milo pulled out the chair beside me and acknowledged Stacey.

Seeming like she didn't mind Milo's presence, Stacey began asking Milo questions about random topics like how his day was or if he knew what specific job he was planning on applying for after college, which was how the rest of our conversations flowed for a while with Milo's hand resting on my thigh.

Stacey's phone began ringing in her bag and when she pressed the phone to her ear, she quickly excused herself outside, which Milo took as the perfect opportunity to show some PDA, kissing me as an electrifying sensation flowed from my lips to my heart.

"I missed you," he said with a spark in his eyes, his hand still resting on my thigh.

"You just saw me in Art an hour ago," I lightly laughed, admiring how cute he looked with a few stands of hair falling onto his forehead as I placed my hand on his face and rubbed the apple of his cheek, Milo leaning into my palm.

"Really? It seems like it's been longer than that." He scrunched his nose and smiled, causing my heart to melt into a puddle. He then leaned in and kissed the tip of my nose, my cheeks beginning to hurt from smiling so damn hard.

"You're really cute, did you know that?" I said to Milo, his lips an inch away. 

"I really like you, Hadley. Did you know that?" His lips began to slowly uncurl, the wisp of a smile still left as he gazed at me with such intensity, his expression turning a bit more calm and serious. "I-I...love you, Hadley."

My eyes grew to the size of saucers as my heart threatened to rip out of my chest and gallop away. His words caught me off guard, like someone yelled 'Surprise!' in my face.

Taking my silence as hesitation, he said, "It's okay if you're not ready to say it. I just thought I'd tell you so you know I feel the same way when you're ready to say it."

"I love you too, Milo."

Getting those words out practically made my heart explode, my brain overflowing with dopamine as I was sent to cloud nine. I was frozen with a giant smile glued to my face as we continued to stare at each other.

As for Milo, his eyes practically lit up as his smile grew wide like he just won the lottery. Milo's pulled my chair closer to his and crushed his lips against mine, feeling his smile against my own.

"God, you don't know how long I've been waiting to say those words to you," said Milo, his voice becoming raspy.

I don't know how long we were wrapped up in each other, but Stacey finally came back inside with a colossal grin on her face.

"That was from the admissions director of NYU," she said to me and Milo as we stared at her expectantly, I knowing fully well what she was going to say before she even said it.

"I got into NYU."

_______________

A/N: hey again friends!! Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed the story at least somewhat. I love reading all of your comments, they make me smile and laugh! ♥️

Just two more chapters left and the Epilogue! :(

-Karlee 💛