16 | Be Careful

SUNLIGHT STREAMED through the white curtains as my eyes slowly fluttered open, feeling two strong arms wrapped loosely around my waist. I smiled when I looked up and saw Milo sleeping peacefully, mouth slightly parted as I felt his warm breath on the top of my head.

Without thinking, I reached up and cupped his face in my hands, rubbing small circles on the apples of his cheeks before giving him a soft peck. Milo stirred awake, sighing and smiling as we locked eyes.

"Good morning," he rasped in his sleepy voice, making my heart explode out of my chest, as he tightened his grasp.

"Morning," I smiled, brushing away a stray piece of hair that flopped onto his forehead. He leaned into my palm and kissed the inside of my hand before leaning in and placing a kiss on my forehead, lips lingering for a bit, causing a tingling sensation. He then leaned down and kissed me delicately, as if I was a fragile glass figurine.

A loud buzzer sounded beside me. I rolled over and answered the wake-up call, groaning. I sat up, looking down at Milo as I played with the tie on my shorts, the scent from his sweatshirt I wore wafted up into my senses.

"Come on, we have to get up," I sighed, tugging gently on his arm. A smirk formed on his lips and without warning, he yanked me back down as I collided with his chest, a muffled scream escaping my lips as I crashed into his chest.

"Not yet," he pouted, intertwining our legs and snuggly holding me close to his bare chest.

"We're going to be late again," I chuckled. "Now, get up before I..."

"Before you what?" He smirked.

I sat up, "This."

In one smooth swoop, I grabbed the pillow from under my head and smacked him in the face, laughing.

"You're gonna pay," said Milo with a devious smirk. He tackled me and threw me beneath him, whacking me with a pillow. I quickly grabbed a pillow beside me, and we continued our pillow fight.

Somewhere in the midst of it, the air shifted and suddenly, when our faces were mere inches apart, Milo stopped and gazed deeply into my eyes.

He leaned in and smashed his lips against mine. For a second, my brain was sent into overload and I had no control again. But a second later, I kissed him back, feeling him smile against my lips, making us two grinning fools that were lost in our own world.

WE ENDED UP being extremely late...again.

"Miss Summers and Mr. Jensen, I believe this is the second time you're late. Why is that?" Professor Smith said with crossed arms, leaning on one foot as the other tapped against the polished floor.

"We're really sorry, again. We didn't hear the alarm until it was too late," I said nervously.

She looked between the both of us before unfolding her arms. "Next time, please be more responsible. You both are old enough to take care of your own selves and prioritize your time. I should not be waiting down here every morning for you two to join us. Understood?"

We both nodded before she sighed and led us to the others.

"For what it's worth, being late was totally worth it," Milo whispered into my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine as it fanned against my ear.