9: Finally! A Decent Meal, For Once

Q & A at the bottom for anyone that wants to read it!

A ringing sound woke me up from my light nap and I snarled at whatever it was. I was still hiding under the cloth, and no one was paying attention to me.

Taureen said, "Come in," and the door slid open, melding into the wall as another Kymari entered. I made sure that I was out of sight before snarling fiercely at him.

The Kymari only glanced at our cages before nodding a greeting at the others, an apple sliding out of his pocket as he sat down.

The Kymari started a conversation again, but I was too focused on the apple on the ground. I slowly exited the cloth and crouched down, staring fixedly at the apple.

"Are they staring at the apple?" I glanced over and hissed at the speaking Kymari, flicking my tail in annoyance as I was caught looking the apple up and down, taking in its scent and how much I wanted to eat it.

Taureen reached out and grabbed the apple, breaking it cleanly in half. He came over, earning a snarl from me as I backed as much as I could into the cloth. I could hear Tasha growling as well as he opened her door first. I don't know what he did, but Tasha's growling turned into hissing before I heard her crunching the apple up.

He opened my door, earning a sharp growl as he swiftly pushed the apple inside before closing it again.

I turned sideways, effectively earning the Kymari's attention. I let my tail stab through the crisp apple, bounding back under the cloth while dragging the apple with me.

I sniffed it all over, making sure the Kymari saw some of what I was doing. Hopefully, they will stop trying to drug me if they see that I can smell their stupid drugs.

When it checked clear, I finished the apple in under a minute, saving a small piece for later.

I sniffed sadly at the drugged water before curling up and ignoring the presence of the Kymari. I didn't like the water being drugged, so I was going to let them know to be sneakier or to just give it up and let me go. Slowly, I fell asleep.

~

I sniffed and opened my eyes. There were nine bowls of food in front of me, next to my water dish. I hissed at Taureen, who was sitting on the couch and subtly watching us. I didn't let him know that I knew that he was watching me, but I did let him know that his presence was not welcome.

I looked at the food bowls. One had some turkey like meat cubes. Yuck. One had minnows and other wriggly creatures. Double yuck. One had mealworms. Triple yuck. The other six had different types of fruit. Oranges, apples, the alien fruit that I had brought to Amanda's chicks before I was caught, mango, strawberry, and raspberry.

My mouth watered at the sight. I only had a few fruit preferences, and none of these were them. But still, I had fruit.

I snarled as I realized our stalker was watching us subtly again. Hearing a screeching of metal on metal and how Taureen's head looked over in surprise, I'm just going to guess that she dragged her favorite fruit bowls to her. I knew that she loved some of the fruit that I didn't, so this was going to be a field day.

I quickly wrapped my tail around five of the fruit bowls and dragged them to me, sniffing each piece before shoving it down my throat. I left the apples over with the other detestables. Sorry to all of you apple lovers, but I detested them with passion.

I ended up eating almost all of the fruit. I put the rest of my leftovers into one bowl, leaving it half full. I put that behind me and pushed the other bowls over to the door.

I looked at the detestables before glancing at the small slit in the door.

I got some mischievous thoughts that I thought were good, so I followed them.

I walked over to the door, snarling at Taureen as he glanced at me in shock. But this would be worth it.

I carefully used the apple slices and the meat as a barrier around the slit in the door before tipping the minnows and the worms over.

As I guessed, the apples and meat stopped them from coming to me, leaving their only exit through the slit. Using my tail, I pushed the apples forward together so they wouldn't accidentally miss and let a few touch me.

I snickered mentally as Taureen looked at me in shock. I shoved the meat and the apples through the slit before hiding back under the cloth. I finally got a decent meal here, and I got to watch a show. What a day. To bad that the water's still drugged.

~

Hi everyone! A few people have been asking questions and I have a few questions that I think you guys would like to be answered on here, so I will answer them down below.

Q: Are you going to follow the storyline throughout the whole book?

A: No, I will not. I have my own twists that are coming up in the next few chapters.

Q: Is Taureen going to be Amber's handler, too?

A: No, he is not. Just wait for it.

Q: Will Amber be released?

A: ;)

Q: Is Aluah going to be Amber's handler?

A: Wait and read.

Q: Is Amber going to have a mate?

A: Maybe. I'm still debating on that. If she will have a mate, then it will be around the end of the book.

Q: Is there going to be a sequel?

A: No, there will not be a sequel. I will be putting everything into this book and this book alone. I might go back when I'm editing and add a Part (1, 2, 3, etc.) to it.

Q: Have you already written the entire book and are just editing it?

A: No, I am writing and publishing.

This is a bit of an off-topic question, but a few people are asking me about it.

Q: What/when is your updating schedule?

A: I don't have a schedule. What I do is I write two-three chapters for every chapter I publish. For example, I wrote seven chapters today, and I think I published three, including this one. The reason I do this is so when I have writer's block on it, I always can update the book every few days until I get inspiration. Once I finish writing the book, then I update every two days and I edit every day that I can.

Thank you! Please, ask away if you have any questions, and don't forget to banana!