8: Caged In the Green Alien's House

I blinked sleepily as I woke up from my slumber. I snorted, remembering the Hogwarts motto from Harry Potter. Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus. Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon.

Shaking myself, I froze and hissed fiercely as I didn't smell the earthy scent of my burrow. And it was dark. And I was in a cage. Again.

Standing up, I found that I was on a piece of cloth with a heating lamp over me. Looking around the cage, I realized it was about three times the size of the ones the humans put us in. Not enough room to glide or fly, but it was enough for me to be able to walk around a little.

I remembered what happened on that fateful day, making me spin around wildly to look for a familiar glimmer of gold scales. There were none.

"Tasha! Are you okay?!" I called out frantically.

"Amber? Are you there?" Tasha called back. Her mind voice was somewhat sluggish, making me believe she just got up.

"Yes, I'm here. I'm in a cage with a bowl of meat and water, cloth, a heat lamp–nevermind. I'll just send it to you," I said as I backed up into a corner and sent her the picture.

"I'm in a cage too. It looks like that. Could we be next to each other?" she asked. I mentally sent her my confusion on it.

"I'm going to check this cage thing out," I told her. "Hiss at any sign of danger."

She sent her confrontation to me, letting me know that she understood.

Checking myself over, I saw that I had ointment on my larger scratches, and my wing had a flexi-cast on it. Well, I had no idea what they were called. I just called them that. They were like those reusable wrap up bandages made of cloth and were super stretchy, and you wrapped them around your wrist or something if you messed it up, but not enough to have sprained it.

I stretched out, glad that this cage would allow us to do so. If I tried that in the human one, my wings, tail, and back would be pressed up against the sides. I grumbled as I realized my strained wing was being prevented from being able to move too far. Just enough for me to position it a bit.

Shaking myself off with an irritable chirp, I went to a sand tray that was on the other side of the cloth, where I couldn't see it.

I did my business and covered it with sand as I looked to the bowls next to it. I was a bit hungry, but not that thirsty.

Taking a look at the food bowl, I narrowed my eyes in disgust. There were little cubes of meat in there. Gross.

Forcing myself to take a cube, my stomach growled unpleasantly at me. Yeah, yeah. I'll get you proper food somehow.

I waited to see if it was drugged. Nothing for five minutes. I took a single sip of water. About thirty seconds later, I felt a bit dizzy. I knew that the water didn't smell right.

It must be drugged. Ah, what the heck. I'm thirsty, and I'll just end up sleeping anyway. With that, I drank a bit more water and curled up under my heating lamp in a deep sleep.

~

I woke up drearily. That was before I sat up alertly, remembering what happened from yesterday. I had regretted not looking outside of the cage to familiarize myself with the surroundings.

There were two grey couches facing a coffee table that had two chairs facing it as well. There were also two end tables in the room. Just to my luck, I was on one of them. Even worse, the Kymari that had captured Tasha and I was sitting at the end of the couch closest to me.