all the cake

I was woken up on my birthday by Erin popping a confetti cannon and singing 'happy birthday' as loud as she was allowed to without pissing off our dorm neighbors. I can't help but laugh despite the fact that I'm half asleep still. As I sit up, she grabs a plate from the desk that has an Eggo waffle with a candle in it.

"I somehow don't have a lighter or matches, so let's just pretend this candle is lit."

I pretend to blow out the candle and give her a hug. "Thanks, Erin."

"You're welcome! Happy birthday, babe. Now, unfortunately it's time for both of us to get our asses up and get to class."

"Way to ruin the happy mood I was in," I huff, glaring at her jokingly. She grabs an outfit and starts to get ready as I check my phone. I've got texts from my family and from Harry.

from: Maddy

Happy birthday big sister!! I love you lots and miss you

from: Dad

Happiest of birthdays to you, Sunshine. Hope it's a good one. Don't party too hard! Love you. Call soon.

from: Aiden

happy birthday sis

from: Harry🤍

Good morning and happy birthday, my love. Excited to see you tonight. Love you. x

Thankfully, I only have two classes for the day. They go by pretty quickly so I have energy left to do homework before Harry comes to get me tonight. When Erin gets back from her class at about four, she tore me away from my reading and made me start getting ready.

She did my hair for me, curling it and putting it in a ponytail. I do my makeup, keeping it light like usual and only doing face makeup with mascara. Due to the fact that she was helping me get ready and that we never stay on track when she is, just doing my hair and makeup takes 45 minutes. Erin leaves once that's done since she has dinner plans with Liam. With ten minutes until Harry is supposed to come and pick me up, I put on my dress, jewelry and shoes. Like usual, Harry is early and is knocking on my door as I'm smoothing out my dress and looking myself over.

When I open the door, Harry's looking at the ground. As he looks at me, his eyes widen.

"Fuck," he mutters. "You can't be real. You're so beautiful."

I laugh lightly and feel my face heat. I reach forward and press a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you, handsome. Let me grab my phone and my bag."

"We're going to my place for dinner so you won't need your ID or anything," he tells me. "You might pack for overnight if you want? I'll drop you off at your class in the morning."

With a nod, I step aside to let him into my room. He closes the door behind him and grabs my hand before I can get anywhere. He spins me around, wasting no time before he connects his lips with mine. I can't help but smile as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"God, sending Erin out with my credit card to force you to buy a dress for tonight was one of the best decisions I've ever made," he mutters before pressing his lips back to mine. His arms wrap tightly around me and he pulls me as close as possible.

"Hate you but love you for that decision," I reply as I pull back. "Let me grab my stuff and we can go."

I throw all of my school stuff into my backpack and throw some clothes into another bag. Harry takes both of them from me on the way out the door before I can protest, waiting for me as I lock my room. I hold onto his hand as we go down to the car, thanking him with a kiss as he opens the passenger side door for me.