back to california

kaitlynnrose: back to la la land

By the time the plane landed in California, it was pretty late. I ended up going to bed as soon as I got to Harry's house. Being here made me miss him even more, which I didn't think was possible.

When I woke up the next morning, I made myself a smoothie for breakfast and started doing my laundry. A major perk to staying at Harry's is being able to do my laundry without having to pay for it or wait for an open machine to use. Around noon, I go to make lunch and realize I'm going to need to go buy food in order to stay here for the next week. I snack on a few things and then head upstairs to get dressed.

I head into the bathroom once I'm dressed and I quickly decide that I look a little too dead to be going out in public without makeup. I slide onto the bathroom counter with my makeup bag, putting my hair up to get it out of my face. As I'm applying eyeliner, I see movement out of the corner of my eye. I jump, looking over in shock as Harry leans himself against the doorframe. He smirks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why are you doing your makeup? Got a hot date tonight?"

I slide off the counter and run over to him, crashing into him as I wrap my arms around him. He laughs as he catches me, stumbling back lightly before balancing himself.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Didn't like the idea of you bein' here all by yourself on New Years," he mutters before kissing my head. "I also missed you and wanted to surprise you. Seriously though, who is your date tonight? You rarely ever do your makeup."

I back up to look at him as I laugh. "Just trying to make myself look less dead. But now that you're here, I do have a hot date tonight."

His hand goes to my face and he guides me forward a little so he can press his lips to mine. My arms go up around his shoulders instead of around his torso so I can push myself further against him.

"Love you," he mumbles as he pulls back. "Missed you."

"I love you and I missed you too," I sigh happily, pressing another kiss to his lips. "I'm so happy that you're here. I can't believe you're here."

//

Once Harry is settled in a bit more, we head to the grocery store together. We didn't really have a list or anything, so I knew that this trip was about to be an adventure. He grabs a cart as we head inside, going over to the produce section immediately. I stand by him silently as he grabs bananas, lettuce, strawberries, and more. Once he decided we have enough, we start wandering around the isles to find some more stuff.

"Craving anything in particular, Kait?"

I glance over at him and shrug my shoulders. "Not really. I'll pretty much eat whatever, you of all people are aware of that."

He rolls his eyes at me, a dry chuckle falling from his lips. "There's nothing that you can think of that you really want?"

"If I see something or think of something, I'll let you know."

As we head down one of the isles, Harry brings up that we should get some junk food and drinks for New Years eve. He leads us over to the ice cream isle and I go ahead of him to look for some Ben & Jerry's. As I'm looking at the flavors, Harry bumps the cart against my butt. I turn and glare at him and he tries to hold a laugh in, but is unsuccessful in doing so.

"Dude," I laugh as I look at him is disbelief. "If I wanted to be around somebody acting like a teenager, I would have stayed home to spend time with my siblings. Don't be weird."

He steps away from the cart and comes up behind me, sticking his hands in my back pockets and reaching forward to kiss my cheek. He squeezes my butt through my jeans, which makes me squirm away from him as I laugh.

"I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry. You've got a cute butt. And I very much missed you and your cute butt."

"Pick out some ice cream for yourself, dumbass," I give him a little shove and smile at him. He laughs, stepping back over to the cart and telling me to grab whatever.

We get a few more things and then head to checkout. Once we're back in the car and on the road, Harry grabs my hand and I rest our hands on my thigh.

"Oh, back to talking about my siblings," I glance over at him as he drives. "My brother thinks you're cool and he told me to bring you home next time I go back."

Harry chuckles and squeezes my hand. "Sick. I'm glad I've been accepted."

"My aunt likes you too and she's never even met you," I laugh. "When I was talking to her she told me that she thinks that you're my human."

"I'm your human?" He laughs, glancing over at me in confusion. "What does that even mean?"

I giggle and bring his hand up to kiss his knuckles. "My dad said he's never seen me come down from an anxiety attack as quickly as I did when you were there with me. You just know how I'm feeling and what's going on with me without me saying a word. You caught onto that attack before I even lost control of my breathing. Nobody has ever caught on that quickly. And I've had an anxiety attack in a doctors office more than once. You're my other half. You're my person."

He pulls the car into the parking lot of the market that we're passing and puts the car into park. I'm about to ask him what we're doing, but before I can he's unbuckling his seat belt and leaning over the center console towards me. He takes his hand away from mine and grabs my face gently, bringing his lips to mine. I hold back my smile as best as I can as I move my lips with his, my hand going up to the back of his neck. My fingers slip into his hair as he pulls back slightly to talk.

"I love you. I love being your person. I love that you're my person. I love that I'm your other half. You're one hundred percent my other half. I love you so fucking much, Kaitlynn Rose."

I press my lips back to his until a smile comes over my face and breaks the kiss.

"I love you, Harry," I mutter quietly. "Thank you for being my person. I know it's not easy dealing with my anxiety attacks slash panic attacks second hand. I dated a guy in high school that broke up with me because I had a panic attack in front of his friends and it made him look like he was dating a freak."

"Don't ever let me meet that guy because I will genuinely murder him."

I laugh and give him another kiss. "Let's get back on the road, yeah? Wanna go back to the house and cuddle with you in your very comfortable bed."

"Yeah, me too. In our very comfortable bed."