C h a p t e r 27

Maylee Micheals
December 24,2020
6:30 p.m

The sound of Christmas music filled my ear as I finished placing the last Christmas ornament on the tree. As a family we decided on the colors being blue and silver. The kids had stopped helping me when Zander told them that he was about to make gingerbread cookies.

I lifted myself off the ground as I patted my hands on the red and black checkerboard onesie that I decided to sport for the night. I stepped back making sure that everything was in place. The tree was lit up to its full potential the only thing missing was the gifts that had been hidden all around the house.

I walked into the kitchen having the aroma of the cookies filled my nose as I watched the kids decorate their own individual cookie while Zander was trying to clean up the mess in the kitchen. I chuckled to myself seeing him sing along softly to the Christmas music that was playing.

I walked over to the terrible trio watching them throw candy at each other while trying to sabotage each others decorating process.

"How is it going?" I sat down in front of them watching as they smiled looking at their cookies.

"They pretty mommy." Zara smiled before going back to icing her cookie.

"How about y'all?" I turned to Karter and Zaire who looked aggravated.

"Mine is good." I nodded at Karter before looking at my sweet baby boy that held a large frown on his face.

"What's wrong baby boy?" He looked up before shrugging looking down at his.

"I really love yours." At my words his ears instantly perked up and a large smile replaced the frown that previously resided on his face.

"Really mommy?" I nodded causing him to continue decorating his cookie.

I walked over to Zander who had just finished washing the dishes and was now looking at me and the kids interact with a large smile on his face. He looked daddyish in the onesie that he was wearing to show his holiday spirit.

It was actually his idea on all of us wearing onesies and making Christmas cookies. I walked over to him wrapping my arms around his neck. We swayed back and forward to the Christmas music and he sung lowly to me.

I stood on my tippy toes placing a kiss on his lips before backing out of his embrace. He bit his lip while looking up and down before nodding his head. I laughed to myself looking at the giant clock on the wall reading the time. It was definitely time for the kids to go to bed so we could get ready for tomorrow.

"Okay rugrats it's time for bed so Santa Clause can come tonight." They instantly jumped out their chairs and went to their rooms. I laughed to myself as I took the cookies and placed them on one plate. I poured a cup of almond milk before bringing it over to the front of the house.

"I'm going check to see if they're okay." I nodded while taking the plastic wrap of the table placing it in the trash.

The kids loved each other and loved being around each other. So Zander and I came up with the idea of having Karter and Zara share a room while Zaire got one to himself.

I grabbed my phone turning down the music coming from the speaker to a lower value. I started grabbing the hidden gifts placing it around the Christmas tree nicely. I hummed to myself placing the color coded gifts around the tree. We thought it would be a smart idea using the kids favorite colors to wrap the gifts.

The footsteps coming down the step caused me to look up at Zander. He held a large smile on his face before running to attack me with kisses.

"You better stop before you start something you don't want to." I laughed causing him to raise his eyebrows in confusion.