C h a p t e r 8

Zander Holland
October 25, 2019
8:30 p.m

Looking through the window I seen the reflection of my so called 'date' analyzing me trying to figure out of she knew in me or not.

"Damn, you just gonna stare and not say none." I smirked turning around to see her with a shocked look on her face.

I looked her up and down slowly realizing the gorgeous woman in front of me was my mama's boss or as she calls it 'daughter'. Every time I see her it feels as she just get better every time. From the smooth chocolate skin to her kinky curly fro she was the definition of perfect.

"My bad, how are you doing?" She looked everywhere but at me.

"I'm doing good ma, how is your day going?" I walked over to her slowly seeing the nervousness take over her body causing me to chuckle to myself. Cute.

"My day was amazing thanks for asking?" I nodded my head pulling out a chair from the table motioning her sit down.

"Thank you!" She flashed a quick smile before looking out the window again.

"No problem beautiful." I picked up the menu glancing at her smiling to herself.

"You know it's amazing to see what you're doing for people." I spoke out of nowhere causing her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean, if you don't mind me asking?" She placed down the lemon water down with the menu clasping her hands together before giving me her full divided attention.

"Giving people a source where they can talk to people for free to get help for themselves. Seeing that a lot of parents don't understand their child on that level causing their child to feel alone and that they don't have nobody to fall back on. Your program gives a place for people to let their emotions out and just have somebody to talk to." I sipped my water while squinting my chinky eyes watching as she sat up straight and cleared her throat.

"It's weird to sit here and think about how many possible lives I could be saving. I've been in their situation before and when I was going through that rough patch I didn't realize that people cared about me and i'm not talking about family and friends. I'm talking about strangers and they made a greater impact on me than any of my friends and family could."

Watching her talk I seen a light in her eyes whenever she spoke about her business and what it stood for. It was refreshing to see her so passionate about helping people especially in a topic that many people don't focus on. The smile on her face grew every time she mentioned possibly saving a life and helping someone see the light at the end of the tunnel again.

"I heard about you tattooing, what made you get into it?" She smirked drinking some of her water.

"Sorry to interrupt y'all, what can I get for y'all today?" The waiter interrupted pulling out his notebook and pen. I looked at her signaling her to order her food first.

"I'll take the Cajun seafood pasta."

"And I'll take the fried chicken plate with macaroni and sweet potato." Handing him the menus he went on his merry way.

"Now back to you mister."

"I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I knew that college wasn't for me, school wasn't for me at all. I was artistic and loved drawing but I also liked putting smiles on people faces. My sister recommended tattooing to me and I been in love with it every sense."

"That's amazing, I might have to come get a tattoo one day."

I bit my bottom lip while looking her up and down. Something about her drew me into her maybe it was her aura she carried around with her. Or maybe I liked her personality so far from what I seen.