C h a p t e r 3

Maylee Micheals
October 14, 2019
7:30 p.m

I stood in the dimly lit back room as I paced back and forward. My nerves had gotten bad from seeing all the people in the crowd. From my 4 year career, I never publicly spoke to a large group of people and it was one of my fears that I never got rid off.

"Hey calm down, you're gonna be okay." JuJu stood next to me rubbing my arms up and down trying to calm my nerves down.

"What if I mess up? What if I slip up and say the wrong thing?" I rambled on and on about the endless possibilities on how I could mess up. I watched as JuJu walked out the room leaving me alone.

I gotten into my own head, which I do more often than I would like to explain. I kept telling myself that I would mess up my speech, and it'll ruin my brand because it's not what I stand for.

I watched as JuJu and Mrs. Holland rushed into the room in a frantic manner.

"Child what is going on?" Mrs. Holland opened up a water bottle handing it over to me, so I could take a sip.

"I'm just nervous, what if I mess up?" I took another sip of the room temperature water savoring the refeshness it provided.

"Come see." She called me over causing me to slowly walk over to her. I felt the shaking in my legs causing me to be slower than I desired.

"Say these words with me." She turned me so I was facing the large mirror hanging from the wall.

"I am strong and I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to." I looked up at her and noticed the wide bright white smile that always cheered me up.

"I am strong and I can accomplish anything that I put my mind to." I repeated feeling a shift in my spirit.

"I won't let a small fear of mine hold me back from the greatness that I'm gonna accomplish."

"I won't let a small fear of mine hold me back from the greatness that I'm gonna accomplish. I could do this." I felt motivated and knew I could do it.

"Go out there and kill it." Mrs. Holland laughed before pushing me out the door.

The short walk to the stage caused my thoughts to roam. I didn't know what I was gonna say, I was just gonna speak from the heart. Whatever my spirit wants to me to talk about, then I will.

"It is time for the founder and owner of 'you are not alone' Maylee Micheals." I heard the applause throughout the room letting me know it was my cue to go.

I held a big smile on my face, while taking slow strides to the microphone. I seen a lot of anticipating faces waiting to hear what I was gonna say.

600 faces stared back at me causing me to close my eyes and take a deep breath before opening them.

"I created you are not alone because I knew there were millions of people out in the world in the same situation I was. Many people were facing real problems and had nobody to turn to leaving them alone carrying the problems weighing them down, stopping them from being great.

Anybody can have problems no matter your race, ethnicity, religion, shape, or size. What matters is that there is not enough sources out there for people to run to when they need help while their down.

Many families ignoring the issue that their child is facing depression. Why? Because they are ignorant to think that someone young can't be depressed. Someone that had a roof over their heads, some clothes on their body, and food in their stomach. Having the basic needs means that you can't be depressed.

I may not have a facility all over the world, but I do have a website. On that website I have real people on their 24 hours a day to help you with any issues that you need help with. Feeling alone when dealing with a problem causing several things to be an effect from that. So much emotions going through your body causes you to be blindsided by most things.

You are loved, you are worth it, you are destined for success, you matter. You will make something of yourself no matter what people tell you, You will be happy and look back at everything that happened and be extremely grateful. Why? Because it built you into the strong person that you know yourself as.

I wanna help each one of you dealing with something be the best you. Help you love yourself again, help you become happy again, and most importantly help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. That pain won't last forever, I promise you.

I love every single person in this room, or watching this online. I want each and every person to know that their worth it and that you matter. That dark hole that you're in right now won't last forever, I promise you.

Thank you all for supporting me as a person. Thanks for supporting my movement and message. Thank you all for coming today to celebrate me. Have a goodnight."

I walked of the stage hearing the applause behind me. I met JuJu right after I got of the stage, she stood their with a giddy smile on her face.

"May you did so good, I promise that you inspired many people today. Not one person will leave today not feeling influenced somehow.

I walked around the room talking to people about my business and how they could help

I walked around the room talking to people about my business and how they could help. I earned $103,000 to help build different facilities somewhere else. It really touched me that people really cared about my movement.

I started my website right after a situation that left me feeling empty and I had nothing to live for. I was shocked to see that they had people all around the world dealing with the same issues as me. That's when I knew what I was placed on Earth to do. Help people.

"Maylee I would like for you to meet somebody." Mrs. Holland called out to me causing me to turn her head.

"This is my baby boy Zander, Zander this is my boss slash my daughter." She smiled a cheeky smile causing me to laugh at her foolishness.

I extended my hand into his giving it a firm shake. "Nice to meet you Zander."

"Sorry to interrupt but SOS." JuJu whispered in my ear.

"I apology, but I have to cut this short. Nice meeting you Zander." I smiled before walking away behind JuJu.

"You too beautiful." I heard him call out causing me to chuckle softly to myself.