19

Seokjin led the way to Jimin's parents to pay their respects. Namjoon had never met his parents so he had no idea what they were like but the others, especially Taehyung, who basically grew up with him, were very familiar with the Park family. It was only logical Jeongguk and Taehyung went first, followed by Hoseok while Seokjin stayed with Namjoon.

When it was their turn, they bowed to Jimin's parents and went to shake their hand. Namjoon looked at the woman, she looked small and thin. Her face has strong features, almost like...him. He sucked in a breath as he took her hand, trembling. The woman finally raised her head when Namjoon wouldn't let go of her hand. Her eyes widen in shock when she looks at Namjoon and starts crying. He knew what her reaction meant but he didn't know what to do, so he just stood there.

"Namjoon-ah... you... how do you know Jimin?" She said, her voice trembling. Namjoon still couldn't move, nor answer her question. He was finally reunited with his mother after more than a decade, but only because of the very reason she left. Namjoon felt sick. When Seokjin noticed Namjoon just stood there, he jumped in. "They met through mutual friends." He heard Seokjin say. "I see. Namjoon-ah?" the woman tried again, now grabbing his hand with both of hers. But he couldn't say anything so he yanked his hand away, turned around and wobbly left the room.

He heard Seokjin say something to Jimin's parents before he caught up with him. Seokjin didn't say anything but guided him to a more quiet corner, where the others were waiting for them. "You have anything you want to tell us?" Seokjin began. Namjoon swallowed. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I really didn't know..." Seokjin sighed. "Can you just tell us what's up?"

Everyone stayed silent, waiting for Namjoon to start talking. "I uh... My parents got divorced when I was three, going on four years old. My mum left us. I haven't seen her since. I had no idea... about Jimin, about my... brother?" Everyone stayed quiet, not knowing how to react. "I'm going to get some air" Namjoon smiled softly and left.

Seokjin ushered everyone else into the room where the ceremony would begin in about 10 minutes, knowing Namjoon probably wouldn't come back to witness it.