A Glimmer of Hope

• Dedicated to CAOIMHE LY

AN((HI this story is awful and incredibly cringe worthy but I decided to leave it up anyway as it was my first actual ff >.< ))

HEY YA =] this is my second story on watttpad xxx hope you all like it .this has prob been done its Glimmers POV also i added a few other povs like marvel and Devon (a guy I made up from district1 ) soo I hope you enjoy it x!!!:) on the 74th Hunger Games. Thanks i_am_mexxx

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 1

The reaping

We all stand there staring at her, Arian the lady from the capitol who comes to district 1 every year to do the reaping. Ever citizen in district 1 sucks in a breath as she flounces over to the huge glass bowl which contains every eligible girls name in district 1.She reaches in a delicate hand and pulls out a sheet of white paper. She strides back over to the microphone "District 1 female tribute of the 74th Hunger Games is ..... SCARLET TURNER" she booms. I look around and see Scarlet walking towards the stage she looks about 13 not much older anyway., This is my chance I brush past a few people and on too the walk way.

"I VOLENTEER AS TRIBUTE"

I shout people turn and stare at me I catch Scarlet eye she looks relived, she mouthed something to me I think it was thank you before she scurries back into the crowd. I skip up to the stage and stand beside Arian " It looks like we have a volunteer .

What is your name dear?" she question "Glimmer " I beam " a round of applause for Glimmer "Arian smiles down at the crowd with her bright pink teeth which matched her hair .I never understood why the capitol died their skin hair and teeth, did they think it made them prettier?

A roar of applause goes up and fades out quickly as she picks a boy tribute. The boy who was chosen looks about 15 but a 17 year old boy volunteers for him .His name is Marvel I know him we train together once. Another roar of applause goes up and we shake hands before we are led I to the justice building

While sitting in the room im surprised too see there is not much decoration, considering this is the luxury district .All that is in the room is a plush velvet sofa and a glass table with a small pot of roses on it. Soon the door opens and a visitor enters, its Marley my old training coach. He hugs me briefly then sits down. "My Glimmer still as gorgeous as the day I met you ,Been training you since you were only 7 now look at ye10 years you've been training for this now your finally her the Hunger Games

. "Still can't believe your the wee scrap of a kid who came to me 10 years ago asking to be trained. Scrawny, Weak, Fragile they said now look at you Brave, Cunning, Agile, Smart, Strong sure you can kill someone 20 different ways with a knife now. Your gona do us all proud glimmer" he smiles and reach in and hugs me again we stay like that until a peacekeeper comes to take he away " You can do this, MY LITTLE GLIMMER " he shouts as he is leaving . This brings a smile to my face , i still remember how when I was small he would call me little glimmer and I would shout at him I AM NOT CALLED LITTLE GLIMMER!

Next , comes my boyfriend for the last four years .Devon. He runs over to me picks me up and hugs me tightly and kisses me gently on the lips for a brief moment .

" ok glim you need to win glimmer win for us " he smiles but i can tell he is close to tears.

" hey Devon dont worry Im gona win this thing" "remember your training your skilled and will probably be with the careers " he pleads me to try my best after that i stand with my head to his chest he hugs me tightly to him ,i can hear his heart beat Rapidly , i feel the rising an falling of his chest .

we stay like that for a while , until a peace keeper comes and says that devon must leave. he kisses me gently on the head and whispers

" I believe in you glimmer "

I get a few more visitors before I am whisked off to the train to the capitol!

<><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

And so GLIMMERS JORNEY BEGINS xxx thanks for reading ill try add more soon (ish) xxx thanks would love to .

hear feedback so please comment fan and vote xoxo i_am_mexxx