Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Blood Bath

The gong rings out and I sprint forward grabbing a pack and slinging it carelessly over my shoulder I grab the bow a sheath of arrows . Looking around I see no one notices me and start taking supplies and forming a pile to the left of the cornucopia where no one should see it . I look around ever so often the tributes are dropping rapidly ,I let down my guard as I see Cato snapping a boys neck like it was a twig I'm mesmerized yet horrified .Suddenly I'm sprawled backwards with a boy looking down at me I'm struggling for breath . The thug that floored me smiles menacingly as he raises his arm axe in hand the axe already glistening with other fallen tributes crimson blood , I try to move but the fear has strapped me to the ground ! I can't move .I try not to Show how terrified I am as he begins to bring the axe down .

All of a sudden he is laying on the ground choking up blood a spear sticking from his stomach .Marvel . I look up at him ,he looks like he is about to puke I see a tribute coming behind him and grab my bow before she can get any closer I let an arrow soar through the arm it goes into her forehead and she falls with a sickening thud . I drop my bow shaking from fear . Did I just kill someone ? I would never be Abel to use a bow the same again any time I look At it the fear of the boy trying to Kill me and the girls face as the arrow plunged into her head are all I see when I look at the bow and arrows now .

Soon all the tributes but Cato clove marvel the boy from four and I are the only ones left the surviving tributes have scurried away into the forest or further . We walk into the cornucopia and take our supplies with us . I hug marvel and he whispers " everything is ok " but it's not I killed a girl no older than me ! I was nearly decapitated.

Moments later we hear a rattling and Clove points to behind a crate. Where the noise is coming from Cato walks over and drags out a boy no older than thirteen and wraps his arm around his neck in a deadly head lock one movement of catos arm and the child would be dead !

"Please ,Dont kill me .Please please please " he sobs but Cato doesn't care about this child he twist his arm and the boy makes a choking noise then falls to the ground limp and lifeless . I gasp and turn into marvel my eyes tearing at the young boys death as clove gently picks up the boys body and places it in the middle of the clearing for the hovercrafts to pick up .

" Come on let's sort the supplies " says Cato gruffly