29

chapter twenty-nine

"My mom wants to have dinner with us

"My mom wants to have dinner with us."

I look down at my phone, the corner of Blake's face being the only thing on the screen.

"What? Why?"

"Because we never actually had a dinner with her?"

"We had that thing after graduation. Does that not count?"

"She means a home cooked meal."

"Oh."

"Yea I would say that after six months of us dating, it's time for that."

"You don't say."

He chuckles. "Besides, she wants to do something with you and I have to leave in a few days."

"Right, that."

He sighs. "I'm coming over."

"Blake-"

He hangs up before I can say no. I would love some time with Blake before we leave, but I was currently filling up the bathtub. I was about to hang up on Blake and tell him that I would talk to him later, but clearly that didn't work.

Blake walks into my room, a smile on his face. "Look, you and I both know that- you're getting in the bath?"

"Yes! I was about to tell you that when you hung up!"

"I'll only be a minute."

I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to start over."

He stares at me.

"I'm waiting Blake."

"Oh, right. I was thinking you were going to say something."

"Why would I say something if you're the one who has something to say."

He shrugs. "Anyways, going back to what I was going to say. I know that it's going to be hard. We've talked about this so many times, but I really think we can make this work. Yes, we won't be able to walk over to each other's house at any given moment, but that doesn't mean that we can't pick up the phone and talk to each other."

"But Blake-"

"Don't you dare cut me off."

I cross my arms. "Fine."

"Thank you." He smiles happily. "I know that I'm going to be busy at times, but that doesn't mean that I won't call you back the second I can."

"I know that, but-"

"And I know that with the boys and I going on tour with the Vamps soon may make it harder. We're going to be a lot busier, but I can text you on the bus on the way to the next venue. It's not like there aren't plenty of opportunities for me to-"