10

chapter ten

I got dressed a little bit fancier than usual today, as I have a presentation with Blake to do

I got dressed a little bit fancier than usual today, as I have a presentation with Blake to do. We had been working on it for the past week, and me being myself, I just had to have everything perfect.

Even if I was terrified of speaking in front of people.

That's the worst part about all of this.

Sure, I have Blake up there to help keep me calm, but I don't know what I'm going to do when it's my turn to speak.

"You ready to go?"

Reece was taking me to school today. I wanted to get there a bit earlier than usual so I had time to go into class and make any last minute adjustments to the presentation if it needed any.

"Yea. Let me put my shoes on."

I walk to my closet and grab my favorite pair of boots, throwing them on quickly before opening up the door to where Reece was waiting.

"You look fancy today. Trying to impress a certain someone that lives across the street?"

"Shut it."

I wasn't even too dressed up. I had thrown on a pair of jeans and one of my more formal shirts. It was a loose, long sleeved shirt that was white with little black birds on it.

"I'm trying to impress my teacher." I say quickly. "Not Blake."

"Are you sure it's not both?"

"I don't like him like that!"

Right?

"Sure you don't. I saw how loved up the two of you were in the bed yesterday."

"We were both hungover and didn't give a shit. It would've been the same if it was us in the same bed."

"No it wouldn't."

"Yes it would've. You've done it with me once."

"I have?"

"Yes! It was the day after your 18th birthday. You came into my room at like eight in the morning and wrapped your arms around me saying that you felt like shit. I didn't mind because you had just woken me up and you know how I am when I haven't had much sleep."

"Oh yeah, now I remember."

"Yeah, now you do."

"Oh, shut it."

"Are you going to take me to school or not?"

"Yea, come on."

I follow Reece outside to his car, getting in the passenger side.

During the ride there, I go through what all I'm going to say in my head, but I keep messing up.

"Calm down, you'll do great."