32

chapter thirty-two

* Unknown pov *

"Come on man, it's just one drink. You got into town last week and you have yet to celebrate your arrival."

"One drink leads to about 10 more. Besides, I don't need to 'celebrate my arrival'. You make it sound like I was just born or something." I say as I pull my phone out of my back pocket, looking at the text. I roll my eyes when I see who it's from.

"Is that Carmin again? Why can't she just leave you alone?"

"I swear she's obsessed with me or something. I broke up with her a month ago."

"I don't know man. She might just be wanting attention."

"That's all she's ever wanted, and I was dumb enough to actually think she cared for me at all."

I'm pushed to the side as someone storms out of the back of the house angrily.

"Wonder what's up his ass." Carter says quietly.

"It's probably something with his girlfriend. I heard them fighting in the hall before the party had actually started." I say when I notice who it was, his dark hair being the only thing I could see over the crowd.

I haven't had the chance to talk to Blake yet since I came down to visit. He's been busy with the end of the season coming up as fast as it did and then working on his new job, which this girl named Savannah was more than happy to talk about.

She kept going on and on about how talented he was and that she loved that about him. It was a bit weird that she was obsessed with him since they just got out of school. I would understand it more if he was famous or something.

I feel like it's been like that since day one. It seems that every popular girl just wants something new to sink her claws into, no matter who or what it is. They always have to have it, and they can't stand when they don't get what they want.

Those type of people annoy the crap out of me.

"About what?"

"I'm not sure, but it sounded serious."

"Not like one of those stupid fights most couples get into around here?"

"I'm not sure what those fights are considering I have been in a different city my entire life, but it sounded like one of them were moving a few hours away and they were stressed from it."

"Damn. I feel bad for Jessica. She's a great girl." He looks around. "I wonder where she is."

"I don't know. I'll go to the back and check on her."

"You don't even know her." He says, grabbing my arm to keep me from interfering.

"So? He looked pissed. It might be serious."