12

chapter twelve

I stand in front of my closet, struggling to find a shirt to wear

I don't want to get too dressed up, but I also don't want to look like I don't care about what happens tonight.

Of course I care.

Diana is meeting Blake.

That scares the hell out of me.

I worry she's going to mention anything embarrassing about me and he would laugh. The last thing I need is for him to bring it up at random times and laugh about it.

Oh boy.

That would suck.

"It shouldn't be that bad, right?" I try and make myself more confident about the night, just casually pacing my room in just my bra and underwear. I had a pair of jeans laid out on my bed, I just needed to find a top.

I stand back in front of my closet, quickly skimming through everything until I find a somewhat formal shirt.

It's a cold shoulder floral top that hangs loosely around my arms.

"Hey Jessica, Diana wants you-"

I turn around, staring at the person at my door in shock.

He was just kind of staring at me, his mouth slightly open.

"You're going to catch flies if you continue standing like that." I say, smirking.

What just came over me? I'm never like this...

"W-What?"

"Turn around."

He does as I say, and I quickly throw on my jeans and shirt, tapping his shoulder when I'm done.

"Uh, hi Blake."

"Hi. Your stepmom wants you downstairs."

"Okay."

We stand there awkwardly for a few minutes, the butterflies finding their way to my stomach at the wrong time.

"Sorry for walking in."

"It's fine. I don't mind."

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Jessica.

You don't say that to someone!

It's basically permission to let them see you half naked any time.

I think.

I'm pretty awkward in situations like this and never know what to make of them.

That's normal, right?

I sure hope so. Otherwise, I seem like a complete idiot.

"Okay?"